Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHM 54.0 updates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHM 54.0 updates

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
edited January 2016 in General

Hello Guys,

Seems WHM 54.0 build7 finally did something good. Updates included which you can enable it:

Enable 2FA

PHP-FPM

cPanelID

For more:

http://releases.cpanel.com/

Comments

• WHM 54.0 build 7 was released to stable this week

• KamAKamA Member, Host Rep

Upgraded to 54 earlier today. So far so good, got PHP-FPM and cPanelID enabled. Really can't wait to see what more cPanel has in store for us.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@IntroVex said:
    Upgraded to 54 earlier today. So far so good, got PHP-FPM and cPanelID enabled. Really can't wait to see what more cPanel has in store for us.

Liked 2FA and PHP-FPM.

After upgrade completed to latest cpanel version refresh the page and it will promp to new changes which you are able to tick to enable it.

Thanked by 1Hybrid
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

and nice sidebar in cPanel's Paper Lantern ;-).

• There was some bug in the older versions. I had 1 cPanel server with a licensing issue, stupid IP's. cPanel mailed me to let me know to upgrade before they released everything into public because of that bug.

Pretty nice of them, imho.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

2FA and PHP-FPM work great. Glad they finally put in 2FA support.

Thanked by 2Clouvider GCat
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

Good until cPanel ID is compromised and millions of cpanel servers are hacked :)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    good until cpanel id is compromised and millions of cpanel servers are hacked

Yeah... I mean I trust their developers but I think I'm going to keep this feature disabled :)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Not enabling that cpanelid until I really need to use it. I'm siding with @jarland on this one. Don't like the alteration to paper lantern either because I liked the side panel that showed the information about the accounts. With that being said, I can live with the updates. cPanel still seems to have some superior configuration options compared to other panels.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • jarland said: Yeah... I mean I trust their developers but I think I'm going to keep this feature disabled :)

Well, as an alternative, you can configure WHMCS as an OpenID provider.

• @Rallias said:

Still no

• Has anyone else had issues with paper lantern displaying a blank page after this update?

• The changes to paper lantern make it look ugly though. cPanel should hire some better designers. Not sure about the usability just yet, hope it doesn't go downhill.

@srvrpro said:
    The changes to paper lantern make it look ugly though. cPanel should hire some better designers. Not sure about the usability just yet, hope it doesn't go downhill.

Agree, before upgrade i think paper lantern was better...

• @Rallias said:

I hope this was a joke ;)

• @risharde said:
    Not enabling that cpanelid until I really need to use it. I'm siding with jarland on this one. Don't like the alteration to paper lantern either because I liked the side panel that showed the information about the accounts. With that being said, I can live with the updates. cPanel still seems to have some superior configuration options compared to other panels.

Any way to get that panel back?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Junkless said: Any way to get that panel back?

No, unless you want to overwrite paper_lantern on every update.

Heaving said that, you could duplicate it, but you'd need to have access to the old one. You'll likely miss on new features in this case though.

• How to disable cpanelid login?

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

@srvrpro said:
    How to disable cpanelid login?

Security Center > Manage External Authentications

@doghouch said:
    Good until cPanel ID is compromised and millions of cpanel servers are hacked :)

cPanel store and NOC(reseller portal) were compromised just last week, would definetely disable the oauth system until it matures.

Thanked by 1srvrpro
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited January 2016

Egh, cPanel OpenID socks.

I personally hate the button that is placed on the login form, disabled it immediately after the update.

• zafouhar said: I hope this was a joke ;)

I just said you can. I didn't say you should, or that it's a good idea, or that I (personally, emphasis on dat opinion disclaimer) endorse the idea.

• sedsed Member

PHP-FPM takes a lot of resources?