Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap dedicated server (specs inside)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap dedicated server (specs inside)

Hi,

I'm looking for the following specs:

Spec Minimum needed
CPU 2xL5420
RAM 16GB
Storage Total of 4TB (1x4TB, 2x2TB, or 4x1TB)
Network 1Gbps 10TB
KVM On request

Budget is $50-ish

Thanks!
Lmnotran

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

Dallas Dual L5630 32GB RAM 4x1TB 10TB @ 1Gbps 20Gbps DDoS mitigation $50 per month.

• I thought you were reading dacentec website because they listed the exact same spec on top of their deals.

HP Proliant 2XL5420 16GB 4TB SATA RTO

>

16GB 4TB SATA SW

>

Bandwidth: 10 TB Bandwidth

>

$50.00 USD / Monthly

And KVM on request.

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited January 2016

You could easily get the base of this or better at QuickPacket @qps or Delimiter @MarkTurner - though the 4TB of storage might be a bit tougher to come by.

Delimiter has E5420s here you can set to 2TB HDDs that goes a bit over your budget (~ $60 instead), but it's your minimum spec.

QuickPacket with 2x2TB on an L5420 adds $20 to the base of $49.99, but they often run promos for $39.99 on these, ending up at $60 too.

• You may be able to get a Delimiter 2xE5420, upgrade to 2TB for $10/month, and get a second 2TB drive free by paying annually. That was offered recently, not sure if it is still available. @MarkTurner @mikeyur

Thanked by 2MarkTurner mike0000
  • @lmnotran said:

>

As @Nikki pointed out, we'd come in just over your budget at $60/mo. If you ordered quarterly, this would come down to $150/q or $50/m.

Dual E5420, 16GB, 2x2TB, 10TB @ 1Gbps - Dedicated ILO/KVM (no waiting for one to be hooked up).

If you're open to outside the US, you could also take a look at OVH (their SoYouStart lineup), you could get something with 2x2TB for ~$50/mo if they're in stock.

@wwabbit said:
    You may be able to get a Delimiter 2xE5420, upgrade to 2TB for $10/month, and get a second 2TB drive free by paying annually. That was offered recently, not sure if it is still available. MarkTurner mikeyur

That was only on our old X5150 offers, can't do the double up on drives in our newer lines since we've already slashed prices quite a bit to up the spec.

• mikeyur said: we'd come in just over your budget at $60/mo. If you ordered quarterly, this would come down to $150/q or $50/m.

That's enticing. Would I be able to get my first month free as well (if I sent proof of cancellation)?

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited January 2016

@lmnotran said:

It's not a 'first month free' promo, we add on 1 month to whatever term you bought. So if you decided on quarterly, you'd pay the first quarter but instead of 3 months you'd get 4 months before you next bill. If you pay monthly, you'd buy it today and wouldn't get another bill for 2 months.

But yes, you'd be eligible for the free month :)

Edit: Actually, if you're eligible for our promo, then it would be a flat $50/mo from the start, since we're discounting the monthly rate for Dacentec customers.