Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoyouStart vs OVH?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoyouStart vs OVH?

hello

i want to know if can i depend on soyoustart for production servers or go with ovh better ?

if support in Ovh better than soyoustart or all the same?

is HHD with ovh better than soyoustart or same?

thanks alot

Comments

• GulfGulf Member
    edited January 2016

SYS

• cheapest
    • reliable
    • manager by ovh admins
    • no ECC
    • a bit old hardware from previous ovh releases.

OVH

• cheap.
    • better support
    • top hardware

So, if you have 60-70 euro, start with OVH.

• @Gulf said:
    SYS

• cheapest
    • reliable
    • manager by ovh admins
    • no ECC
    • a bit old hardware from previous ovh releases.

OVH

• cheap.
    • better support
    • top hardware

So, if you have 60-70 euro, start with OVH.

ok now I want server for work as node to produce VPS to sell to my client

so which better

E5-SAT-2 form here https://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/

or

SP-64-S from here https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/enterprise/

i think the first is better as price and as no of cores but i afraid if i cant depend on soyoustart for production ?

thanks

• Depends on how many IPs you need, OVH can be cheaper.

OVH: up to 256 IPs only $3 setup each

SYS: up to 16 IPs only 3$ setup each, but if you need more you pay 3$ monthly for one IP

• Both only offer software raid, which might have an impact on performance.

OVH though has an option for a hardware raid controller...

Should also depend on the amount of customers / VPS and IPv4 requirements.

SyS lets you bind 16 IPv4 without monthly cost, while OVH permits up to 256.

• I'd better go with Hosting line than Enterprise.

https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/hosting/

I'm not a hoster, but SYS does not provide ECC memory, but I do not know if it is a standard for VPS hosting.

• @boernd said:
    Depends on how many IPs you need, OVH can be cheaper.

OVH: up to 256 IPs only $3 setup each

SYS: up to 16 IPs only 3$ setup each, but if you need more you pay 3$ monthly for one IP

i dont need more than 16 ip , the important thing HDD is in good condition and hardware support response quikly so ovh is better in this points or the both are the same?

thanks

• @elbashaxyz said:
    i dont need more than 16 ip , the important thing HDD is in good condition and hardware support response quikly so ovh is better in this points or the both are the same?

Most of the hardware defects are detected automatically on both OVH & SYS & most of the hard disks that I've received on both brands have been brand new. But if you are going to do something critical like hosting VMs for clients I would recommend to go with OVH directly & make use of hardware raid as overall you will get better support & configurable options from OVH as compared to SYS.

• ThracianDogThracianDog Member
    edited January 2016

If you're concerned about HDD condition and hardware support, maybe look at Delimiter. @mikeyur or @MarkTurner can chime in further on this.

• jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
    edited January 2016

@Gulf said:
    I'd better go with Hosting line than Enterprise.

https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/hosting/

I'm not a hoster, but SYS does not provide ECC memory, but I do not know if it is a standard for VPS hosting.

On thing you should be aware of, if you're using a panel like SolusVM or Virtualizor, the hosting line (at least when I used it the past fall) didn't allow me to install a distribution's standard kernel. If you are using Proxmox, or nothing, you should be fine.

• @jaypeesmith said:

Kernel can be swapped out after installing once the correct nic driver module is installed/loaded

• @AshleyUk said:
    Kernel can be swapped out after installing once the correct nic driver module is installed/loaded

Yes, I've read that before. Personally, I wasn't interested in doing so but, perhaps for the OP that wouldn't be a concern. Thanks for adding that.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk