Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a good and cheap KVM provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a good and cheap KVM provider

Hi folks,

Can someone please recommend a KVM provider for around $5 a month with 2 IPv4s? Cherry on top of the pie would be for it to be located in the east coast, preferably Florida.

Thanks!

Comments

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

We're close..

$5 - 1 CPU / 768 MB 25 GB SSD

• $2 for the extra IP

We're not in FL, but Mt Prospect IL.

https://mnx.io

• You could ask @MCHPhil at mycustomhosting for a custom quote in Montreal.
    They run RAID0, but I have been using them for almost 3 years without issue

Thanked by 2MCHPhil bersy
  • +1 for @MCHPhil

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We can do this for you, but what specifications? Our regular pricing for our 512MB plan would be $5/mo with the extra IP.

• Ramnode NY

• hacktekhacktek Member
    edited January 2016

Thanks for the comments. I actually had forgotten about ramnode, I already have an OpenVZ container with them that that's been running fine for years (284 days since the last reboot) so they're likely a great option for me. I don't know if they allow more than 1 IP though.

Anyone know what the difference between "Standard" and "Premium" KVM is?

EDIT: found it.

Premium plans are hosted on Intel E3 CPUs (3.3GHz+ per core). Standard and Massive VPS plans are hosted on Intel E5 CPUs (2.3GHz+ per core). Resource allocations also vary between category.

• sinsin Member

What about OVH? $3.50 for their SSD VPS 2016 and you pay $3 once for an extra ipv4 - I know it's not Florida but the majority of my visitors are US and OVH's BHS location has worked really well and OVH's new VPS line is fantastic in peformance/uptime for the price.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • So which do you want? Good or cheap?

• @sin said:
    What about OVH? $3.50 for their SSD VPS 2016 and you pay $3 once for an extra ipv4 - I know it's not Florida but the majority of my visitors are US and OVH's BHS location has worked really well and OVH's new VPS line is fantastic in peformance/uptime for the price.

Really? Nice. I've heard some pretty bad things about OVH though.

• @sman said:
    So which do you want? Good or cheap?

Both :) Crissic has worked pretty well for the past year for $4/month including the additional IP but I just canceled cause of all the problems lately and I'm looking for a similar alternative, wouldn't mind paying a bit more.

• @hacktek said:
    wouldn't mind paying a bit more.

Is $2/mo more way out of your budget? Dedicated core, 1GB ram, 250GB storage, full HA KVM VPS (redundant compute/storage/network) for $6/mo + $1/mo for 2nd IP. Located in Atlanta (close proximity to FL).

• bersybersy Member
    edited January 2016

hacktek said: I don't know if they allow more than 1 IP though.

They do, justification is required. IP is $1.5 to my knowledge, so the total price is exactly $5/m.

PS
    @Maximum_VPS used to offer affordable KVM servers in FL, though I've never tried them personally.

If Xen is OK, @AnthonySmith may have something in Miami.

• @hacktek said:
    Really? Nice. I've heard some pretty bad things about OVH though.

I've only just started using their SSD 2016 line but so far they've been solid.

• Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I went with Ramnode, I have experience with them and to be honest, $3.50 is a steal for a premium KVM. I ended up working around my need of the second IP so that's a $1.5 savings right there ;)

/thread

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2016

@hacktek said:
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I went with Ramnode, I have experience with them and to be honest, $3.50 is a steal for a premium KVM. I ended up working around my need of the second IP so that's a $1.5 savings right there ;)

/thread

Good choice. I just got a "standard" OpenVZ and performance is as good as the premium plans, unless you have a specific need for the higher clock speeds of an E3

@sin said:

Is that a new thing? I didn't know you could get extra IPs for the classic range. I keep meaning to try the new 2016 SSD range. Is it still slabbed like the Classic range?