Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to solve my central US problem with a new node
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to solve my central US problem with a new node

So I have an app running production off Ramnode, and they are great with the coasts. However I currently have a node running in NYC, ATL, SEA and LAX. Great speeds. While a private network would be awesome, I can deal. Im using 1GB vz for each. I have great finite control on a state by state basis of my record routes with Amazons Route53, which is insanely awesome DNS. Enough story, here is my issue.

Chicago, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma. My latency on these routes is pretty bad. Wisconsin is up with them also. I currently have tried routing these states traffic to ATL and SEA, but both seem to be slower then my east-west-south traffic.

Should I get a Dallas, Chicago, Kansas City vps in the mix here? I would also love if it had some different peering so I can alias failover via latency to that node (yea, you can do that with route53) Who would you suggest for a provider?

Comments