Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPV6 only VPS on OpenVz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPV6 only VPS on OpenVz

dedicadosdedicados Member
edited January 2013 in General

Hello, i would like to offer to 10 people, a very small vps with ipv6 only, (3 ips)

1 core
32mb Ram
64mb Burst
3Gb disk
10GB bandwitdh
solusvm

to test them =), for free of course, you need to have ipv6 or a tunnel to access it

enter to http and see the welcome page, ping them, and also with putty via SSH.

please PM me, and im setting up manually.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

How much would something like this cost when will be charged for ?

• maybe nothing, im learning, testing, just having fun for the moment.

and maybe it cost very cheap later.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@dedicados said: 32mb Ram

64mb Burst
    3Gb disk
    10GB bandwitdh
    IPv6-only

Sorry but this has negative value (as in, you would have to pay people to use it).

Prior IPv6-only free or very cheap offers had 128 MB RAM, 100 GB bandwidth, 5-10 GB disk.

• great, as i told early, right now im not doing bussines, im testing, and learning, if someone want to try a vps for free, is welcome

if not, no problem, im ok.

thank you, and thank for all readers.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

TBH no, I would pay 3 Eur for a year and double that for 100 GB bw. It must be in US since i plan to replace all my remaining VPSes there and only need one with IPv4 which I have.

• yes, it can be done, but i need first to test the vps.

• MikyMiky Member
    edited January 2013

@dedicados said: maybe nothing, im learning, testing, just having fun for the moment.

And you are right to do so!
    Too busy to participate right now, but any working offer on IPv6 should be welcome!

• @rm_ said: Sorry but this has negative value (as in, you would have to pay people to use it).

Huh? This has value, you just have to find the right market.

edited January 2013

@yowmamasita said: have to find the right market.

1) school kids who spend all day looking for "free stuffz", regardless of whether it's something they actually need or not; oh, and those also don't have IPv6 and don't know how to use it;
    2) a couple of "oldfags" who are a bit damaged in the head and believe that a LEB needs to have extremely low RAM, or it's not a "true LEB", or some such bullshit; those would buy a 8 MB VPS, but sadly no one offers one.
    3) people who are way too clueless to know the current state of LEB market and are willing to pay e.g. $4/mo for 64MB of RAM at (one unnamed "established" provider), while at the same time complaining "if only it didn't go down all the time so much".

I did not think I need to spell this all out for you, my guess is you are one of those groups, else you wouldn't have to come and "Huh" at me here.

As to the author, of course it is great to learn and experiment, I'm only saying that your offered resources are way too much on the conservative side, and people weren't afraid to give a bit more even on free VPSes in the past.

• @rm_

You posted a statement about value, and from my POV as an entrepreneur I find that a ridiculous assumption.

It's 2013 now and some people are still paying for shell accounts, that's a market. Who cares if they're "oldfags" if he's willing to pay then he's a customer to serve.

No worries, I will virtually fuck off right here as I have inferred that you think highly of yourself and Im just someone who digs "free stuffz"

• My ISP is not IPv6 ready :(

edited January 2013

@yowmamasita said: as an entrepreneur

I do not think highly of "entrepreneurs" who see no wrong in screwing over people who are not well informed in the state of market (providing an order of magnitude less value that competitors on the said market), or generally base their business model on someone being too clueless. "But but they are 'willing to pay'"? Show them LEB, bam, they aren't anymore :D "But but I have a business here", nope, you HAD one, and now they learned what a crappy deal you were giving them.

NB: none of this applies to the thread starter, so do not be offended.

@yowmamasita said: I will virtually fuck off right here

Thanks!

• @yowmamasita said: It's 2013 now and some people are still paying for shell accounts, that's a market. Who cares if they're "oldfags" if he's willing to pay then he's a customer to serve.

However, I think it comes down to payment processor fees that make it impractical. If it costs $0.50/month - it practically ends up being ~$0.19/month after fees. It's simply not worth it.

• @DalComp said: My ISP is not IPv6 ready :(

You can use a tunnelbroker =)

• @dedicados said: You can use a tunnelbroker =)

Not all of Indonesian ISP can support it

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Not all of Indonesian ISP can support it

tunnelbroker.net works on any ISP which provides IPv4 without NAT.
    Gogo6 and SixXS work on any ISP, even with NAT.

• @rm_ true the resources of this plan are low, but i could see at least two possible legitimate use scenarios for which this plan would be useful.
    1. For someone like me who just wants to do a traceroute6 or ping6 from another remote location once in a blue moon.
    2. For someone running an IRC bouncer.

• @rm_ said: tunnelbroker.net works on any ISP which provides IPv4 without NAT.

Gogo6 and SixXS work on any ISP, even with NAT.

Not all ISP in Indonesia works with tunnelbroker :)
    But GoGo can work for a while. I've tested in a cable ISP, and several mobile provider.

In Indonesia, the cable ISP for example : Telkom/Speedy, Fastnet, Melsa, etc.
    And the mobile provider : Three/Tri, XL, Smart, etc.

And not all of them can work with IPv6 :D

edited January 2013

the cable ISP for example : Telkom/Speedy, Fastnet, Melsa, etc.
    And the mobile provider : Three/Tri, XL, Smart, etc.

This tells me nothing.

@ErawanArifNugroho said: And not all of them can work with IPv6 :D

No support of IPv6 is required from the provider for you to use Tunnelbroker. The only requirement is a public IPv4 address (i.e. lack of CG-NAT). My guess is those providers that don't work with Tunnelbroker, don't actually provide such address. Or some require you to use their own box(router) and you can't reconfigure it, which might be required in some situations for the tunnel to function.

• oh well, seems to need some files to make ipv6 to work correctly =) but is working.

• all test VPS are closed now.