Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

possible I/O issues? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

possible I/O issues?

2»

Comments

• pablob said: they wont accept there is an issue. Can anyone recommend a way for me to know 100% that there is?

fio is a good option

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@pablob said:
    "Running a DD is not an accurate way of measuring disk availability"

they wont accept there is an issue. Can anyone recommend a way for me to know 100% that there is?

It isn't a great way to benchmark a disk, that is true. It is, however, an absolutely excellent way to identify an I/O problem and it has done just that for you. Sequential write speed at a single point in time does not reflect disk performance as a whole, unless it's so painfully slow that no disk or array should ever write that slowly.

• Is this KVM or Xen?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Just curious, is this ChicagoVPS or 123systems?

• @raindog308 said:
    Just curious, is this ChicagoVPS or 123systems?

Care to read the thread?

Thanked by 1promo25
  • LeeLee Veteran

Dediserve, you post skipper.

• so i wake up and run a new dd test and guess what....

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.49911 s, 307 MB/s

so it seems to be a lot better. and i never changed anything on the server so they must have changed something on the node ( and wont admit it )

so i am going to let it sit for a while and see if it has issues again. and if so i will then do a rebuild.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • spoke to soon....

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 30.9306 s, 34.7 MB/s

guess it is time for a rebuild

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @pablob - do respond to your ticket, we're standing by to help.

• Why is everyone so defensive and lacks helpfulness these days.

He probably just skimmed through and missed it, I only seen that comment the second time round.

Calm down, k.

@Traffic said:
    Care to read the thread?

• good news. i got the VM built on a new node. and looks good now.

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.12464 s, 955 MB/s

and i am running everything the same. so to me it seems like there was an issue where the VM was before.
    but all good now, so i am happy.
    thanks all.

• pablobpablob Member
    edited March 2016

so looks like this is happening again on one VM for sure and maybe another.
    I even had it at 100%WA at one stage. and i am 100% sure both VMs are on the same hardware. All my VMs on other hardware with dediserve are not having this issue.
    So is anyone else having this issue at the moment on any of their VMs with dediserve?
    i really don't want to move but it is starting to look like i might have to move to a new provider who wont have such major problems.

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 611.675 s, 1.8 MB/s