Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any LEB provider using GNAX Atlanta's DC?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dnwkdnwk Member
edited January 2013 in General

Comments

• yes, Corgitech.com

• @Asim said: yes, Corgitech.com

I did not see that options on their website.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Why do you ask?

• Cortgitech had* used GNAX -- Based on the Corgitech site, it seems they are not with GNAX now in Texas, but rather with Oplink in Houston. AFAIK, Corgi never had a presence in ATL with GNAX.

I used to be on the GNAX node in Dallas with Corgi, but there were some issues - I am pretty sure the network was pretty good though, but a few problems popped up in a short span(not sure if it was network or node related), and decided to move to the NYC Corgitech node.

• @Nick_A said: Why do you ask?

I have bought VM directly from GNAX before and also from Linode(which atlanta's DC is GNAX). Their bandwidth mix has pretty decent east coast speed and asia speed. I know west coast VM usually have good asia connection, but ping from east coast is worse(80ms). I am looking for a VM that can balance these two locations.

• @dano said: GNAX node

Yes. I like their bandwidth mix. Linode and directly purchase from GNAX is little bit too expensive for me.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

@dnwk Which carrier do you come in on from Asia to GNAX? It's possible that other providers in Atlanta will offer similar routes.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@qps said: Which carrier do you come in on from Asia to GNAX? It's possible that other providers in Atlanta will offer similar routes.

I was thinking the same thing.

• @dnwk said: I am looking for a VM that can balance these two locations.

Wouldn't that be in somewhere like Texas / Chicago - i.e. Central USA?

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited January 2013

@qps said: Which carrier do you come in on from Asia to GNAX? It's possible that other providers in Atlanta will offer similar routes.

I am in east coast. I am running a VOIP server. One provider is in asia. GNAX go through PCCW BTN. I guess if there are other provider have above.net should also be good.

No BURST.net . Their OpenVZ does not have ubuntu 12.04

• We have Atlanta, but not GNAX.. You could test out speed files?

• @Ishaq said: We have Atlanta, but not GNAX.. You could test out speed files?

Do you have a looking glass?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited January 2013

Try http://tx.lg.cloudshards.net - Internap Texas. Curious how it performs anyhow. We have above.net.

• flyfly Member

Gnax actively filters arbitrary ports. Would not recommend

We have nLayer in our mix who peers with PCCW in Atlanta, so that may be good for you. They also peer with Above.net in Atlanta. Feel free to traceroute to 199.101.96.2. If we can be of assistance, please let us know. Thanks.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited January 2013

EDIT: Oh my. I mis-read that as "we have PCCW in our BGP mix blah blah..". Sorry for the confusion.

edited January 2013

They hand off the traffic to the other's network at the first peering point. If you try it from Atlanta on their looking glass:

traceroute ip 199.101.96.2
    Tracing the route to voyager.quickpacket.net (199.101.96.2)
    1 ge3-1.br01.atl01.pccwbtn.net (63.216.31.38) 0 msec
    ge3-2.br01.atl01.pccwbtn.net (63.216.31.42) 0 msec
    ge3-4.br01.atl01.pccwbtn.net (63.216.31.62) 0 msec
    2 99.xe-0-1-0.cr1.atl1.us.nlayer.net (198.32.132.68) 24 msec 16 msec 16 msec
    3 ae0-60g.cr1.atl1.us.nlayer.net (69.31.135.129) 16 msec 68 msec 16 msec
    4 as46261.xe-4-0-1-1733.cr1.atl1.us.nlayer.net (69.31.135.218) 72 msec 20 msec 68 msec
    5 voyager.quickpacket.net (199.101.96.2) 16 msec 12 msec 16 msec

• klikliklikli Member
    edited January 2013

EDIT: Oh my. I mis-read that as "we have PCCW in our BGP mix blah blah..". Sorry for the confusion.

@klikli said: And I am still seeing nLayer huh?

I don't follow. I said that PCCW and nLayer peer in Atlanta.