Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sharing Versaweb's Dedicated Server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sharing Versaweb's Dedicated Server

2»

Comments

• BK_BK_ Member

@jbxl Thanks!

• @BK_ said: They're no longer doing the 24GB RAM upgrade though, however I think they dropped the quarterly price to $30/m.

That's a good deal!! so if you pay quarterly it's $90 for 3 months?

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited January 2013

@earl said: That's a good deal!! so if you pay quarterly it's $90 for 3 months?

-Don't quote me on it, but from what I understand in the comments of the post on LEB, yep! -

Nevermind, sorry. Misread it. [/edit]

• I have to buy it if its USD30. To be honest i don't even need 12gb/500tb sata coz it'll only be used for VPN.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited January 2013

@BK_ said: They're no longer doing the 24GB RAM upgrade though, however I think they dropped the quarterly price to $30/m.

@earl said: That's a good deal!! so if you pay quarterly it's $90 for 3 months?

It says $30/quarter.
    I believe he means that the offer still available but with original Memory of 12GB (for $49/mo or $139/quarter). If you want to upgrade to 24GB though, it's additional $30/quarter.

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited January 2013

Oh damn. I completely read that wrong the first time. Sorry guys.

We are offering a reduced-price upgrade for future orders placed on a quarterly basis ($30/qtr).

• earlearl Member
    edited January 2013

@DalComp said: If you want to upgrade to 24GB though, it's additional $30/quarter.

Ah ok I think that makes the most sense.. I can imagine all the people who signed up earlier would be royally pissed if the price is reduced to $30/month if you prepay quaterly.

• parylizerparylizer Member
    edited January 2013

Hey anybody who managed to get a hold of one of these but really doesn't need the whole thing or any of it at all please contact me! I am very interested in getting one of these and will take it off your hands or buy a part of it. I would definitely take at least half of it.

• Looking for 1 too, but late to the party.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@concerto49 said: Looking for 1 too, but late to the party.

Hit LEB front page for another good dedi offer ;)

• @jarland said: Hit LEB front page for another good dedi offer ;)

That's a different story. I'm not after a dedi specifically. Just wanted to test Fiberhub.

• The new LEB frontpage offer is mind-blowing.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Ishaq said: The new LEB frontpage offer is mind-blowing.

And I can only imagine the network at that location is better than the Baltimore one, which would still be considered awesome for the price.

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited January 2013

I am only speaking from my own research which was not ultra deep but here goes: These people are the same as megacolo, commercial media is the parent company from what I found, not just megacolo being resellers. I got the offer as it was posted on WHT. I later posted asking if anyone knew what happened to MC since they disappeared off of WHT and I was told they were banned, never did find the reason.

I got basically the same config (8 gigs ram) from megacolo when they had it for 40 dollars and found the network to be horrid and I did a ticket about it which I was informed very frankly they cannot guarantee network usability.

I decided it was not worth my money so I set it to cancel at the END OF THE MONTH. I get an email asking if I still wanted to cancel, I replied yes at the end of the month. I receive a reply telling me that it will be cancelled immediately and I would receive a refund for the unused days (about 10). The refund never came and the server got cancelled immediately. After multiple days even weeks waiting I emailed again and received no reply to the refund never coming. I have a dispute with Paypal in right now.

I am not the kind to post bad mouthing a company but since they are offering here I felt I would share what happened to me.

For anyone interested, here is the benchmark I ran on the server when I got it: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2012/12/06/4moG9o9cKGzTpkzC

I do see this offer is in the "other" datacenter (http://megacolo.com/network-and-data-centers/), but I still would not trust this company.

Also adding this post from WHT ( http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1203722 ) where this was said "It's not colo though, it's Commercial Media. If you do a search, there have been a lot of negative/less-than-favourable reviews & comments about them."

Ok, I have done my part with the info, use it as you will.

• After like one week, I finally got my VW server today, doing bench marks now(24G upgrade).

• Yep network is horrid

• how is the network? can anyone post speedtest of their network?

• @HalfEatenPie said: Yep network is horrid

@HalfEatenPie are you referring to Commercial Media or VersaWeb?

• Commercial Media. I have a VersaWeb dedicated server and that's running pretty well

• @HalfEatenPie said: I have a VersaWeb dedicated server and that's running pretty well

Can you post some download testing results? Thanks

• VersaWeb network is good.