Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SURVEY] People interested in deploying a VM in our Public Cloud in Miami.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SURVEY] People interested in deploying a VM in our Public Cloud in Miami.

IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
edited January 2016 in Providers

Hello,

You can use our Public Cloud in France, Germany, Netherlands and Singapore.

We are planning to reopen Miami zone we'd like to know if LET people are interested.

Thanks to use the poll and have a nice day.

Edit : people who want to be contacted when zone is reopened can pm me.

Survey
  1. Would you like to create a VM in our Miami zone ?64 votes
    1. Yes
      28.13%
    2. No
      56.25%
    3. I don't know
      15.63%

Comments

• Is it free? Otherwise this is just a hidden advertisement.

• It depends on the specs and prize too its to vague to make any serious decision.

• is it more pure cogent connectivity?

• everything you ask always about ikoula service(s)

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

@0xdragon no it is not free and no it is not hidden advert we really want ot know if zone is reopened there will be people from LET interested it is just a true question.

@masterqqq As the question is not an advert i talked only about the location is it an interesting location for the members of the community ?

• This is not interesting at all. There are too many choices elsewhere.
    Miami may only be suitable for people in South America, as it is an endpoint.

Something in Asia or Europe (not common on) with appropriate pricing, can create interest.

Thanks @natalya i wish you said the contrary but that's the type of comment i was looking for.

• JoeMerit said: is it more pure cogent connectivity?

+1 on this question.

I live in Florida and I could use a Miami location from time to time since my traffic usually goes down there anyways. Sometimes Atlanta is just as good. If you PM me some test IPs, I can give you some testing from my area as the common response is that Miami = for South America when generally Miami can work for the Southeast US when Atlanta isn't an option but Atlanta doesn't appeal to Central/South America when Miami is told to them as their best option.

• I love it when people use LET for market research.

Thanked by 1Nyr

@doughmanes i pmed you.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • I am not familiar with your specific solutions, but in (for what it is worth) general Miami is my target location for my VPS locations.

• I'd say launch it but don't overstock it.

Like don't full on go for it. Try using it for promos if people don't buy get some more brand recognising

• I am from South America and definitely interested in services near our location. Miami sounds great!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • VyprNetworksVyprNetworks Member
    edited January 2016

Miami would be a great place I would say launch it also. Might be good to remember that Quadranet is also in Miami so you would be competing with them I believe they are in all the major datacenters in Miami. It would also depend on the pricing and hardware. Sounds like a good idea though I wouldn't overstock it though. I also wouldn't base a final business decision off a lowendtalk poll though.

• +1 miami

• edited January 2016

There isn't a lot of offers in Miami (but more in Florida) so there may be some interest in a node there. The only provider I would recommend is BudgetVM (aff). It is now stable/reliable and performance is average with a good pricing. If you can match the offer, you can grab a part of the market. Quadranet has low performance and Hostodo too much downtime (network unavailability). GestionDBI looks promising but I'm a new customer of them so let's wait and see.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Would definitely like to see more offers in Miami... I'd like to see some Test IPs as sometimes connectivity is a bit shady in FL.

PM me when this is up though, would love to grab one.

So if i resume Miami is a good place but there is a lot of competitors that is to be taken into consideration. Thanks for your comments.

• It's said to be a good spot for Latin American biz .