Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voxility Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Voxility Dedicated Server

NickLNickL Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

Hello,

I am looking for a dedicated server which is protected by Voxility.

I don't mind if it's tunneled through Voxility to another DC, as long as the latency is great.

I just need Voxility level protection, it seems that no other provider can get near the quality of Voxility.

My budget is good, but I am just not willing to pay $530/Mo to lease a small dedicated server directly from Voxility.

I have heard Zare tunnels through Voxility, and their pricing is great http://zare.co.uk/dedicated-servers, but I have also heard that their network is absolutely trash. Could someone who has personal experience with Zare please shed some light?

If anyone knows any other providers, please post them here!

Location isn't too critical, but my priorities are USA -> EU -> Asia

Thank you!

Comments

• Hey NickL, try to find Voxility Germany Location. Avoid France, and you will have good experience with them. Their infrastructure in france is poor.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@NickL said:
    My budget is good, but I am just not willing to pay $530/Mo to lease a small dedicated server directly from Voxility.

That's not what it costs to rent a small dedi from Voxility. If your budget is reasonable, go directly with them.

Edit: somehow I totally missed the DDoS protection part.

• FlokiNETFlokiNET Member
    edited January 2016

We we can offer you dedicated server and colocation with free Voxility ddos protection at our location Romania, please let us know what you need.

• @NickL said:
    Hello,

I am looking for a dedicated server which is protected by Voxility.

I don't mind if it's tunneled through Voxility to another DC, as long as the latency is great.

I just need Voxility level protection, it seems that no other provider can get near the quality of Voxility.

I have heard Zare tunnels through Voxility, and their pricing is great http://zare.co.uk/dedicated-servers, but I have also heard that their network is absolutely trash. Could someone who has personal experience with Zare please shed some light?

If anyone knows any other providers, please post them here!

Location isn't too critical, but my priorities are USA -> EU -> Asia

Thank you!

Try ddos industry leader AthenaLayer

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @desperand said:
    Hey NickL, try to find Voxility Germany Location. Avoid France, and you will have good experience with them. Their infrastructure in france is poor.

Thank you for the information, I will keep that in mind!

• @robohost said:

Thank you for the feedback, we are ever increasing our QoS!

• @FlokiNET said:
    We we can offer you dedicated server and colocation with free Voxility ddos protection, please let us know what you need.

Sent you a PM

• @NickL i ca no something for you at a decent price , pm if you are still interesed

• @cociu said:
    NickL i ca no something for you at a decent price , pm if you are still interesed

Still interested, shoot me a PM with your offer.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Want to give us a try?

• @PhotonVPS said:
    Want to give us a try?

Already have, the protection didn't seem to be that great, but then again I have only had the server for a few days. Some kid was able to temporarily disrupt my server with a DDoS attack.

The network speed and latency when not in DDoS, doesn't seem that bad though.

• NickL said: Enterprise DDoS Mitigation Solutions - Remote DDoS Protection - DDoS Protected Reverse Proxies

Umm.. So why are you still looking for DDoS protected server when you claim you sell DDoS protected services?

• @joodle said:
    Umm.. So why are you still looking for DDoS protected server when you claim you sell DDoS protected services?

You would think the industry leader would own all their hardware and mitigation equipment... You would also think the industry leader wouldn't mind paying $530 a month for good quality protection to provide to it's customers...

• Hey Nick,

I've reached out to you again to see if we can get closer to your price point or help you engineer a more cost effective mitigation strategy.

• Value != Price

We are getting Voxility value protection at a fraction of the price.

Our efforts to obtain maximum value trickles down to the pricing in which we offer our consumers.

• @NickL said:
    We are getting Voxility value protection at a fraction of the price.

If you purchase directly through Voxility I'm sure you'd get more benefits in regards to applying custom filters and what not. I would of thought the industry leader could afford the price premium that comes with Voxility.

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    If you purchase directly through Voxility I'm sure you'd get more benefits in regards to applying custom filters and what not. I would of thought the industry leader could afford the price premium that comes with Voxility.

Sure, you can have an opinion.

We do the layer 7 mitigation ourselves, thanks for the input though!

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@NickL said:

We use zare for fast one year, never had troubles with them.

Thanked by 1Zare
  • Lucic012Lucic012 Member
    edited January 2016

I offer Dedicated Servers with voxility protection, location server is Germany I have my tunnel which is taken directly from voxility.net :) Contact me via PM

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

Hey - We offer Voxility protected servers here in the UK.

We do not tunnel protection, we have a secure fibre uplink with them in Telehouse North, London. This means its all inline and we provide the lowest ping possible.

Ping me an email on [email protected] if you want more info.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@NickL said:
    The network speed and latency when not in DDoS, doesn't seem that bad though.

Do you have a ticket I can look at?

We usually focus on larger attacks since smaller ones can be stopped by iptables

• @Lucic012 said:
    I offer Dedicated Servers with voxility protection, location server is Germany I have my tunnel which is taken directly from voxility.net :) Contact me via PM

If you got an offer, you can send it to me. There is no reason for me to PM you, asking you to PM me for an offer.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

Bandwidth.co.uk works - Zare's upstream... nicer choice of DCs imho (network is same garbage as Zare, but maybe slightly nippier)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

Athena was a strong goddess in Greek history that doesn't deserve to be humiliated with your service named AthenaLayer! In fact, that insult was so bad, I will point out that your "reverse proxy protection" uses the same "check" cookie every time! afaik when I checked the code; there wasn't any validation. I feel SO safe!!! // sarcasm...

Thanked by 1Caster