Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High available VPS (DE, IT, NL, or FR)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High available VPS (DE, IT, NL, or FR)

ShadeShade Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

Hi,

can somebody recommend me a really high available (Redundant host system, redundant network connection...) VPS from a well known company (No "1 guy running a hobby project" companys) with the follow specs:

CPU: At least 2 cores at 2GHZ each
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 300GB (SSD)
Traffic: Not more then 200GB a month
Location: As stated Italy, Netherlands, Germany or France will do it
Support: At least 8h/7d via Ticket and Phone

I already thought about OVH and Leaseweb (Had not the best reputation the last time...)

Thanks!

Comments

• iWstack? I am using them on a professional project, had not a single issue with it.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Shigawire said:
    iWstack? I am using them on a professional project, had not a single issue with it.

Yea i already have it in focus, lets see what others say about it ;)

• Dediserve? Delimiter? Lunanode?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @Shade said:

Iwstack is amazing. During my ten months with them, 100% uptime and never had any significant performance degradation.

• Will try them. Currently we pay a lot (>100 Euro) a Month for that specs and had already 2 outages with >1:30 hours - It's ok for me, since we're talking about a time range of around 2 years but our marketing dept. is angry...

Before anybody come around with "there is no 100% uptime", yes i know this, but i will consider to have this second host as secondary failover.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited January 2016

@Shade Unfortunately we don't have anything in EU, but if you're ever looking a redundant setup in the US (Atlanta) with good connectivity to the EU:

It offers fully redundant compute, storage and network. The storage is ridiculously fast NVMe-accelerated multi-petabyte Ceph storage which have 40GE interconnects to the compute and a dedicated 40GE Ceph cluster network to keep inter-storage node traffic off the storage network.

https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/cloud-resource-pool/

2 Cores (full utilization), 8GB Ram, 500GB storage, 2TB bandwidth (bandwidth is 4x storage), 1 IPv4 = $37.30/mo.

If you ever want to expand, you can add additional ram or cores and spin up new instances (1 VM per core) - with full internal networking between your VMs, additional public IPs are $1/mo/ea.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @mikeyur, any plans to bring that to the EU? That's quite competitive pricing.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @rmlhhd said:
    mikeyur, any plans to bring that to the EU? That's quite competitive pricing.

I'm trying to work some magic over here, can't say 100% or give a date but I'm feeling positive that it will happen :)

Thanked by 2rmlhhd linuxthefish
  • @mikeyur This look promising, but as you already said US based and we have no need for a US based location at the moment. All our business is done in the EU.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

I think Aruba has a HA VPS option? Not sure about phone support though.

Found it: https://www.arubacloud.com/cloud-computing/cloud-computing-by-aruba.aspx

I meant the Cloud Server Pro

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @Traffic said:
    I think Aruba has a HA VPS option? Not sure about phone support though.

Cloud server pro, but it is quite expensive (compared to iwstack, which is better, too)

Thanked by 2Traffic Shade
  • @Geekoine said:

Yes, that's what I meant. I was editing my post to add it while you replied.

• @Shade said:

Before anybody come around with "there is no 100% uptime", yes i know this, but i will consider to have this second host as secondary failover.

of course, there is no 100%, in the long run and if you check every second:-) Anyway, I checked every minute.

• vultr, i'm really don't have any issues with them since 2014? or 2013? (i do not remember when they have launched, but i with them since start).

For NL, i can recommend ramnode... no, seriously, this guys is awesome, no downtimes for around 2 years for a couple of vpses, even restarts... I never saw anything similar like that. With ovh or lease web i have rare, but downtimes / restarts.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited March 2016

@Shade said:

Don't redirect you to HTTPS on their main site, and they even don't have it enabled :-(

• @desperand said:
    vultr, i'm really don't have any issues with them since 2014? or 2013? (i do not remember when they have launched, but i with them since start).

For NL, i can recommend ramnode... no, seriously, this guys is awesome, no downtimes for around 2 years for a couple of vpses, even restarts... I never saw anything similar like that. With ovh or lease web i have rare, but downtimes / restarts.

I'm quite sure Vultr and Ramnode don't have HA

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited March 2016

@Shade said:

I don't get why you need HA VPS then.. If it is a secondary failover, it is highly unlikely both VPS will fail simultaneously if they are from different providers... that extra money for HA will just be wasted.

Take a replicated storage as a example. When you have 2+ replicas, it just does not make sense to have redundancy for a disk system, it is better to save money or go RAID-0 for extra performance.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • PhotonVPS has HAs i think.