Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS 5.12 Source Hacked on their website? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS 5.12 Source Hacked on their website?

13»

Comments

• @Corey - agreed, whmcs should be using www.example.com -- or possibly have setup a custom URL like www.yourwhmcs.com that redirects to a howto/kb on what to change!

• @unused said: @Corey - agreed, whmcs should be using www.example.com -- or possibly have setup a custom URL like www.yourwhmcs.com that redirects to a howto/kb on what to change!

Or maybe as I stated earlier - they could just auto detect the url.... cause you know php can do that stuff.... and then give you an option to choose www or non www.

• @Corey said: Or maybe as I stated earlier - they could just auto detect the url.... cause you know php can do that stuff.... and then give you an option to choose www or non www.

You pay enough cash for the software it should do this automatically. Not even ask for the www or not. Should detect that also. I mean come on that have robotic arms controlled by human brains now why the hell can't WHMCS do this simple thing in php like most other scripts tend to do.

• @AuroraZ said: You pay enough cash for the software it should do this automatically. Not even ask for the www or not. Should detect that also. I mean come on that have robotic arms controlled by human brains now why the hell can't WHMCS do this simple thing in php like most other scripts tend to do.

Well it can't exactly detect if you want non www to redirect to www or visa versa.

• I guess that would be true if it was not a local redirect but I have seen other scripts do it. If it was allowed access to the .htaccess and rewrite rules it should be able to do it.

But either way it would still be easier to auto-detect the url instead of just leaving it example.com. I agree with you there and it should have been done this way a long time ago. If scripts like WP can do it for free why haven't they done it yet?

That is the only question I have.

• I get the feeling that WHMCS is in some sort of 'code freeze' state since cPanel bought them. Most likely due to cPanel auditing their code.... maybe a full rewrite is coming soon? (please please please please please....)

• @Damian said: I get the feeling that WHMCS is in some sort of 'code freeze' state since cPanel bought them. Most likely due to cPanel auditing their code.... maybe a full rewrite is coming soon? (please please please please please....)

Why would they do a full rewrite? They just need to audit everything. A full rewrite would introduce new bugs that have already been resolved.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Good thread.

Would read again. AA+++