Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SingleHop
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SingleHop

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in General

You know what would be cool?
LEB powered by SingleHop.
Cheapest VPS most expensive provider.
lol

Comments

• Or Softlayer...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2013

In my cart from their website:

2x L5520
    4x 1TB @ RAID10
    24GB RAM
    125 IPs
    10TB BW @ 100mbit
    $629/m

It's expensive, sure, but totally possible if you don't try to pack it full of $1/m clients. Add in some plans over LEB price to break even. Seems like that's all many people try to do these days is break even.

• I love that price! lol

• @jarland at LEB price point, you will have to sell atl east 100vm just to break even after gateway fees. And rebooting that node will be fun. Not to mention Iops will be awesome.

@NHRoel said: at LEB price point, you will have to sell atl east 100vm just to break even after gateway fees. And rebooting that node will be fun. Not to mention Iops will be awesome.

I submit that any newcomer who would pay upfront rental cost (like me) would be shooting themselves in the foot by planning to do well financially on any worthwhile system/network by selling only LEB priced plans. Don't take that as a statement of my own experiences, as providing only LEB priced VPS was just step 1 for us, step 2 was the $10 plan I can't keep in stock, step 3 is...well you'll see ;)

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited January 2013

@Jarland basing your business solely on selling LEB is one way ticket to disaster.

note: By you, I mean some random third party business. Not you as in Jarland or catalyst.

• 110 clients at 6.50

so openvz

plan is
    1v core
    96mb memory (oversold of course)
    5gb space
    100 gb bandwidth
    1 ip

And that is still really ugly.

• I know @Jack has a vps node with singlehop.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Funny this is the amount of overselling required to make it possible would basically nullify the benefits of using a SingleHop server. LOL

edited January 2013

@shovenose said: the benefits of using a SingleHop server

What exactly are these benefits anyway? I'm looking at their upstream list compared to my Dallas server via Incero @ CoreXchange.
    SingleHop: http://bgp.he.net/AS32475#_peers
    Incero/CoreXchange: http://bgp.he.net/AS13354#_peers

Edit: Nevermind, found this: http://bgp.he.net/AS23352#_peers
    Not entirely sure I'm looking at the right thing here.

• Softlayer would be good for LEB's. That is if you pay the huge fees.

• Singlehop is a great provider, excellent network and stability. I used to have a couple servers with them, for my own projects a couple years ago.

I'd rather strike a deal with them to collocate servers in their facility as opposed to renting their servers at stock (or even discounted) pricing.

• @curtisg

That's why you go through 100TB. :)