Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Crissic VPS went down today and solus says it's "migrating" - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Crissic VPS went down today and solus says it's "migrating"

13»

Comments

• AveryCatesAveryCates Member
    edited February 2016

Edit:

user@crissicnode:~$ dd if=/dev/zero of=./test bs=1 count=200000000

45187300+0 records in
    45187300+0 records out
    45187300 bytes (45 MB) copied, 117.083 s, 386 kB/s

Jeeeezusssss

I still have a 512MB/100GB node with them. The performance is horrid. The control panel doesn't even load 90% of the time and they removed many of the distros (all the Turnkey-* templates, at least) when it did. I used it as a Subsonic host for a while. It can't handle much more.

Even as a seedbox buffer, SFTP to overseas dives to > 3-5MB/s, at times. (Just tested and it spiked up to 2MB/s but lingers around 700K, naturally given the disk speeds.)
    (Glad it doesn't host my blog/mailserver/vpn anymore.)

I'm confident Quadranet is in the process of collecting their IPs from the old customers. They're just playing the long game.

Not that I blame them, I guess. Business is business and I've already taken mine elsewhere. $20 gets a lot more than the $15 wasted on renewing another year.

• I have their 256MB/100GB box for two years now. I have had similar experience as the posters above in their disk performance, but the little thing is pushing 600 day uptime in any moment now and that is enough bang for my few bucks with them. The disk performance issues have been mainly visible using DD tests and I haven't had any issues with the regular usage of being a mail/dns/web/chat server.

• I moved all my sites from Crissic last month. However I am still keeping the IP and have not cancelled the service :)