Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RAM VS CPU - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RAM VS CPU

2»

Comments

• @Kenshin
    thanks for the tip but i prefer my offers... i do profit from other servers for around 3~ years.

• Basically, he's just selling High-Availability VPS.

• @gubbyte said: I can't help but laugh when I read this alongside the name of your company.

Well i was thinking its good name but i also have doservers.com domain that im thinking to change

• As I mostly use LEB for a webhosting, have a shared cores are perfectly fine for me. I won't use them all the times, but as a webserver is multithreaded I would prefer to have a resources available for a peak usage. Yet my load average stays at ~0.1-0.2.

The other thing I saw is the throttled CPU. I.e. you only get a share of MHz/% from cores, but you usually really have them dedicated. This isn't good for a webhosting, because during peaks your VPS will be slow. But might be an option for some tasks, where you need a constant high CPU usage but dedi are our of budget. But this is a rare case. Most people are fine with shared cores and fair use.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

On topic...

The question was ram or CPU. I like both. :)

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited January 2013

RamNode/RamHost for RAM. ;)

• gkzgkz Member

For my current need, I only need ram rather than cpu.

• RAM is really important. CPU not that much. If you really need so much dedicated CPU you should not go for LEB as LEB VPS cannot provide it.