Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vKVM ovh
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vKVM ovh

flyfly Member
edited January 2013 in General

how long does it take for them to set up vKVM on a dedi? I issued the reboot order like 20 min ago, thought everything was supposed to be automated?

Comments

• It should be instant, yes.

• flyfly Member

finally got connection info, after almost an hour. connection reset whenever i try to load a freebsd .iso from official mirror. guess i'm gonna have to go through their slow ass support

• @fly said: slow ass support

Perfect description of OVH support.

• @Jack said: It's just like IPMI isn't it?

No, it's PXE booted KVM VM with all hardware directly assigned and a web panel, it just doesn't work though (the ISO)

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited January 2013

@Jack

Rescue mode is simple PXE booted Debian, vKVM is also using PXE but it was like I described in august 2012 (was on old kimsufi, 24G)

• @Jack

it still is, in a web browser, but it's buggy as shit.

• @Jack

you can't indeed, but it was simply netboot option where you dont need professional thing for

• flyfly Member

anyone have any luck booting freebsd 9.0 iso on vkvm? it's not able to find a bootable device for whatever reason

• @Jack said: That's rescue mode not the vKVM?

When I used OVH August 2011 the vKVM was only offered with the professional addon thing at £15/mo

You're getting their actual KVM confused with vKVM.

vKVM netboots your server on an image that starts up a web server for the interface and boots your hard disk inside QEMU.