Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test vps accounts / HyperVM.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Test vps accounts / HyperVM.

krs360krs360 Member
edited January 2013 in General

So I've made a couple of threads asking about virtualisation. I've rented a fairly cheap server and installed HyperVM onto it. I was thinking of maybe creating a couple of trial containers (openvz) and letting some of the more reputable people here use them. Would give me a chance to look at the ticketing system, etc.

Is there anyone that would make use of a VPS over the next month (possibly longer)?
Could create a couple - one for normal VPS use, maybe a second for vps storage, etc.

Ben.

Comments

• Yeah why not? :)

• Yeah, sure :) If I could help you test it, let me know!

• I mean, I am not sure if I am reputable enough, but I would sure be willing to give it a shot!

• If you have slots left, why now, will like to test :)

• Sure, I'll give it a try.

If you need help however, let me know ;)

• Shoot me one, i'll play around with it.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Same goes here - if you have more VMs left, will be glad to try it out. Never seen hypervm.

• @krs360

I wanted to experience as a user for some time now, would be interested.

• Waiting on additional ips to come through now - gonna have to spend some time with the mrs tonight before she actually kills me! Will send out some more details tomorrow.

• count me in

• I've handed out a couple now. Should probably be enough for testing purposes.

Although I'm happy to provide some accounts to people who have a legitimate want to learn/ use it for testing purpose if you pay for the additional IP which comes in at £1.08. I know it's not a lot of money but I'm obviously not making profit from it. If anyone is interested in doing this - let me know.

Server will be up for at least the next month - intend to potentially move it onto something more powerful in the coming months.

• i wish to test it. i am already facing some trouble with my current server and i wish to check some of my wordpress scripts.

• Anyone else have any interest in this?

• Think I have one IP left for anyone who's going to put it to use. (free)

• I'll take it if you want.

• @curtisg Are you likely to put it to use? Need someone who might actually need to raise the odd ticket for stuff, etc

• krs360krs360 Member
    edited January 2013

pm me what sort of resources you need for whatever it is you're going to do? @curtisg

• Random_DudeRandom_Dude Member
    edited January 2013

I'm not one of the "reputable" members, but I could put it into use. As for the ticketing part, I would certainly raise a ticket at the start, asking for some information and whenever/if a problem occurs.

Edit. Seems like curtisg beat me to posting.

• krs360krs360 Member
    edited January 2013

I just really need someone who will put use to it and also maybe find fault in some of the openvz templates, etc

If you pm me also I'll assign you an account. @random_dude

• i wish to test wine.

• I wanna give it a shot to learn/test server settings and programming. I am a relative new user though.