Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was LET down for anyone else earlier?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Was LET down for anyone else earlier?

I kept getting a cloudflare error.

The site is still loading quite slowly now too.

Comments

• Nah, it works fine for me.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • TomTom Member

Has been working fine all day

• Nope, fine here.

• even right now I keep getting:
    Error 522 Ray ID: x • 2016-01-16 15:36:21 UTC
    Connection timed out

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

South America? They're having network problems there. (CloudFlare) https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Traffic said:
    South America? They're having network problems there. (CloudFlare) https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

Australia

• colo=MEL
    spdy=h2
    loc=AU

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@smooch1502 said:
    colo=MEL
    spdy=h2
    loc=AU

So it seems the Melbourne POP is acting up. There are more Australian members, maybe they see this post.

Out of curiosity, are you able to visit other cloudflare-protected sites (like mine) without problems?

• pylodepylode Member
    edited January 2016

@Traffic said:
    Out of curiosity, are you able to visit other cloud flares protected sites (like mine) without problems?

nothing wrong with melbourne or au cf POPs because other CF sites work 100% fine (and are fast)

vrtz.net = no issues at all.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@smooch1502 said:
    vrtz.net = no issues at all.

Then the problem is between LET servers and CF.

@jarland is this site on CC Buffalo? Its bad international connectivity would explain it.

• pylodepylode Member
    edited January 2016

It seems to be okay now, we'll see

• Actually, sometimes CF will report host unavailable error while host is working fine. I think it's a clever bit of marketing if you're in Free package. /s

But I highly doubt that LET is on Free package. So that won't be an issue here.

• Traffic said: Then the problem is between LET servers and CF.

complicated security treatment !

• Was also temporary down for me (Australia). Only cloudflare page was up^^

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

They also seem to be airport codes for major airports in the area. I hit LHR = Heathrow Airport = London which is good for me.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @sdglhm said:
    Actually, sometimes CF will report host unavailable error while host is working fine. I think it's a clever bit of marketing if you're in Free package. /s

I highly doubt they are not using free.
    There's not much that justifies the pro plan and the business plan's ddos protection is mediocre.

• Am in LA and having the same issues. (Was)

• tr1cky said: There's not much that justifies the pro plan and the business plan's ddos protection is mediocre.

Yes. I was developing a website (redesigning) for a client and he switched to a Pro plan because his website was constantly under attack of DDoS, yet protection wasn't good enough. After moving his website to OVH things went back to normal.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Leb and let use the pro plan. Cloudflare is part of our ddos mitigation system.

• @sdglhm said:
    Yes. I was developing a website (redesigning) for a client and he switched to a Pro plan because his website was constantly under attack of DDoS, yet protection wasn't good enough. After moving his website to OVH things went back to normal.

If it was a layer 4 attack, ensure that the public can not find the true back end IP address.

If it was a layer 7 attack you need to activate some sort of web application firewall. I think CF can do this, but only for $200+/mo. Although it's effectiveness has not been proven to be that great.

• Been fine for me all day. Been on and off.

• Seen Error 522 and "Site is offline, using cached version" yesterday.

• Was down from 17/1/16 10:58+AM, GMT+8 for a few minutes. Mmm.

• ChairHostingChairHosting Member
    edited January 2016

Hmmmm

• down for me too just a few minutes ago

• Problem here too and I just got back. So, Cloudflare displays the usual picture to explain that Cloudflare is fine, and that Lowendtalk.com is down. However, others here are connecting just fine, so obviously Lowendtalk.com is NOT down. It would appear that Cloudflare is lying. Is this what their business model is based upon?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I apparently keep missing these events myself, or they're not impacting me from the region I'm in (unlikely but possible). Will talk to Alex and see if we can investigate the back end.

• @sdglhm said:
    Actually, sometimes CF will report host unavailable error while host is working fine. I think it's a clever bit of marketing if you're in Free package. /s

If we weren't on free, we would get mitigation from the "professionals" at CF

• @jarland said:
    I apparently keep missing these events myself, or they're not impacting me from the region I'm in (unlikely but possible). Will talk to Alex and see if we can investigate the back end.

I tried using the direct IP during the downtime and it tossed a stupid timed out error... it wasn't CloudFlare :/

Thanked by 1jar