Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey guys, I am new to LowEndTalk I was wondering if anyone could please help me choose my first box? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hey guys, I am new to LowEndTalk I was wondering if anyone could please help me choose my first box?

2»

Comments

• @noaman said:
    deedbeaf...
    But there is an IOPS limit... But i dont think the OP is going to reach it....

Ah, if it's for "professional" use of torrenting, I agree. For personal, I haven't had any issues, I have some seedboxes there and getting nice ratios, so it works for my use case.

• Get Digitalocean credit, Vultr trial and amazon aws free 1st year. Just don't over 15GB bandwidth a month on amazon aws free or you'll get ripped off on bandwidth fees at 9c/GB.

• jhjh Member

Nekki said: Since when did we start being helpful to newbies?

Since they had EIGHT POUNDS

• @jh said:
    Since they had EIGHT POUNDS

Best Answer

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

I guess scaleway can be a nice choice for your needs.

It's dedicated though.

The price is 4.99 for 150GB SSD storage and 1 per 50GB.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

GM2015 said: Just don't over 15GB bandwidth a month on amazon aws free or you'll get ripped off on bandwidth fees at 9c/GB.

Ritual_Watermelon said: Able to torrent (private trackers only)

• Yeah, it's still useable for vps-s to learn on without going nuts on bandwidth.

raindog308 said: GM2015 said: Just don't over 15GB bandwidth a month on amazon aws free or you'll get ripped off on bandwidth fees at 9c/GB.

Ritual_Watermelon said: Able to torrent (private trackers only)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Orange PI connected to public Wifi?

• @Ritual_Watermelon said:
    Thank you for any help!
    I have ordered what I would like into must and would be nice to have:

Must:

VPS
    no more than £8/month
    30gb+ Disk Space

Would Be Nice To Have:

Able to torrent (private trackers only)
    1gb+ RAM

HOSTUS is recommended if you need a hig ram and huge size of HD. Performance is also better with affordable price.

• I will admit, I am a big fan of OVH as a whole company. They are very cheap, likely the cheapest for what they offer... Their DDoS protection is very good for the price that you pay for your server (it is included)... It isn't godlike protection, but it is better than NFO and SeFlow...

• if you want to torrent then go buy seedbox
    than buy vps with some money left

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

deadbeef said: time4vps allows torrents

We have no specific restrictions regarding this activity if it's for private use.

• Wow, allow torrent ?

• @time4vps said:
    We have no specific restrictions regarding this activity if it's for private use.

Well, Time4VPS just became even better.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @hostnoob said:
    Well, Time4VPS just became even better.

If that was even possible hehe

• @time4vps said:

Can a torrent ever really be classed as for 'private use'?

Still, good to know.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: Can a torrent ever really be classed as for 'private use'?

Private Linux ISO repository shared with your friends? :)

• @tehdan said:
    Hi Ritual_Watermelon, and welcome.

Since you are buying your first VPS I feel its worth pointing out that while cloudvider claims in his linked offer that no other VPS providers give you root access

I seriously doubt clouvider wrote this nonsense: and, in fact, he didn't.

• @Geekoine - are you suggesting his account was hacked?

• AlphaRacks not recommend to the first box, and also not a primary box. but can be a cheap toy.