Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transferring My Rental MyServerPlanet.com Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transferring My Rental MyServerPlanet.com Dedicated Server

anxanx Member
edited January 2016 in General

Hello,

On 7th January of 2016, i rented a dedicated server from MyServerPlanet.com.

Have never used it, just connected KVM for few minutes, Proxmox was installed by them and have no login yet.

Server and network hasn't got any problem, just i can't do with only IPMI cos' my connection speed is low for handling iso uploads.

@MSPNick is aware of the thread and will help you with transferring the active service from my account to yours.

Server Configuration;

E3-1240v2 @ 3.40GHz Cpu
16GB Memory
128GB SSD
10TB Bandwith
2 x/29 subnet ipv4
Newyork/USA location @ColoCrossing

I've rented it for $55 per month, as it passed 13 days from my order date, i'm expecting to get $30 for it.

Payment can be done via PayPal and/or Bitcoin.

Thanks.

Comments

• $55 is pretty decent for those specifications, but instant turn off was colocrossing.

Thanked by 1anx
  • @GCat said:
    $55 is pretty decent for those specifications, but instant turn off was colocrossing.

lol because any other company would be willing to do those specs for that pricing

Have never used it, just connected KVM for few minutes, Proxmox was installed by them and have no login yet.

Server and network hasn't got any problem, just i can't do with only IPMI cos' my connection speed is low for handling iso uploads.

So are you transferring the server because your IPMI is unusable? Why does this matter? ProxMox has already been installed hasn't it?

Thanked by 3anx GCat Clouvider
  • anxanx Member

@Jonchun, yes IPMI has not web iso option and i want to be long-term on dedicated service, so i need to have most control on system even if any situation.

• @Jonchun said:

Yeah, if CC is selling that cheap per month, I'll give them $1k and take the machine off their hands physically and send to a provider I trust.

Thanked by 1anx
  • What brand is it?

Thanked by 1anx
  • anxanx Member
    edited January 2016

@Jonchun said:
    What brand is it?

Not sure about it, haven't noticed it. But i may ask about it if anything differs, but probably Dell.

• $7 max or you'll be banned

GCat said: 'll give them $1k and take the machine off their hands physically and send to a provider I trust.

Thanked by 3anx GCat netomx
  • @GM2015 said:
    $7 max or you'll be banned

I'll rebel... $7.50

Thanked by 1anx
  • @Jonchun said:
    What brand is it?

Pretty sure they're all Supermicro kit for these $49 E3s.

@anx said:
    yes IPMI has not web iso option and i want to be long-term on dedicated service, so i need to have most control on system even if any situation.

Don't try to load the ISO from home, just a miserable experience. Get a Vultr free trial credit and fire up a Windows VPS, remote desktop into that, and then install a proper browser & java to use the KVM. Download the ISO to that and mount from there. Way way quicker.

Thanked by 3anx lazyt Tom
  • anxanx Member
    edited January 2016

@mikeyur said:
    Don't try to load the ISO from home, just a miserable experience. Get a Vultr free trial credit and fire up a Windows VPS, remote desktop into that, and then install a proper browser & java to use the KVM. Download the ISO to that and mount from there. Way way quicker.

I've used my ex dedicated server for remote desktoping @Atlanta/USA location, same result, by the way have no Vultr credits, used all of them : )

Anyway, i also don't want to harden my work, that's all.

• @mikeyur said:
    Pretty sure they're all Supermicro kit for these $49 E3s.

That's what I thought. Supermicro IPMI supports web iso no? (samba share)

Great idea. I'll probably have to set up a windows VM to do this for the cases where I don't have decent upload and the IPMI doesn't support samba share.

Thanked by 1anx
  • @Jonchun said:
    Great idea. I'll probably have to set up a windows VM to do this for the cases where I don't have decent upload and the IPMI doesn't support samba share.

I have a Windows VM on a couple of my colo boxes for this purpose. But you're right, the samba share would work in his case. Sounds like he's just trying to ditch the box though and had no interest in keeping it.

Thanked by 1anx
  • @mikeyur said:
    Sounds like he's just trying to ditch the box though and had no interest in keeping it.

That's what I figured as well. The slow iso upload stuff doesn't even make sense because he'll encounter that problem with ANY dedicated server consider it's his upload speed that's slow... lol

Thanked by 1anx
  • anxanx Member
    edited January 2016

@Jonchun No and yes, as my upload is 1mbit per second as an adsl line, it's totally unuseful for abroad locations about just "KVM", not other stuff like remote desktop or console connection.

But, i like to break and fix, so automatic reinstalls are much better for me.

• @anx said:
    But, i like to break and fix, so automatic reinstalls are much better for me.

Ohh so you're looking for an Automated OS provisioning system? Similar to a VPS?

I'm actually excited that we offer this now so shameless self-plug:

https://manage.gomach5.com/announcements/2/Client-Area-Update-Now-supporting-One-Click-OS-reloads-for-dedicated-servers.html

I know that Delimiter also does something similar.

Thanked by 1anx
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Yes, I tried that with 3mbps(300kb/s) upload speed at home in November and realized it's not going to work with idrac6 at online.net. I initially thought I could select an http/https or something like that link for the java client to download, but no, you needed to select an iso from the local file system.

Jonchun said: ANY dedicated server consider it's his upload speed that's slow... lol

Thanked by 2Jonchun anx
  • anxanx Member
    edited January 2016

@Jonchun I'm an existing Delimiter customer and had no problem them.

But, at my invoice due, i tried to contact for SSD replacement and got no reply in time.

So, wished to change and try another firm, i'll return to Delimiter %90.

• @GM2015 said:
    Yes, I tried that with 3mbps(300kb/s) upload speed

300 or 3000? Just wondering. I've definitely uploaded centos minimal over 5mbps speeds and it was done within a reasonable amount of time. (os install took maybe an hour or two)

Thanked by 1anx
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited January 2016

@anx said:
    But, at my invoice due, i tried to contact with for SSD replacement and got no reply.

Well they're not exactly known for their prompt and stellar customer service. However, if you're pro-active about it and you submit multiple tickets and tag their Yomura representative here on LET @Mark_Turner, you should be able to get that upgrade processed. Unfortunate that he's the only one doing his job correctly, but hey it's cheap and it works so.. why not.

Thanked by 1anx
  • @anx said:
    But, at my invoice due, i tried to contact for SSD replacement and got no reply in time.

Probably easier to cancel and re-order an SSD model than try to get it swapped

@Jonchun said:
    tag their Yomura representative here on LET Mark_Turner

@MarkTurner

Thanked by 2anx MarkTurner
  • anxanx Member

@Jonchun I didn't mean that their support was worse, just didn't get any reply in time : )

And, i had multiple tickets for sure, but i learned that they change their billing system, my service there was cancelled but haven't received any replies for the tickets yet, maybe a problem about the system.

@Mark_Turner is a great person and made my day when i first met with Delimiter, he helped me to get my service active in shift time.

• anxanx Member

Anyway guys, thanks for your suggestions and comments.

I just want to get rid of this service, that's all : )

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

We've got 30down/3up Mbps connection here, so uploading a 3-4GB Windows Server ISO and praying for it to not be corrupted during uploading or on installation would have been futile. So if I seed some debian isos, all I get is 300-400Kilobyte/s max upload speed.

It worked over Amazon DE and online.net France. I watched I believe the upload rate on the java client(IIRC) and it exceeded a lot my home connection's upload speed.

Jonchun said: 300 or 3000? Just wondering. I've definitely uploaded centos minimal over 5mbps speeds and it was done within a reasonable amount of time. (os install took maybe an hour or two)

Thanked by 1anx
  • @anx said:
    I just want to get rid of this service, that's all : )

Have you tried asking MSP if they'll do a partial refund? That's probably your best bet.

Thanked by 1anx
  • anxanx Member
    edited January 2016

@mikeyur said:
    Have you tried asking MSP if they'll do a partial refund? That's probably your best bet.

Sure, and result was negative even if my order was just for an hour..

That's why i've created this thread.

• @mikeyur said:

Resellers can't really do refunds...

Thanked by 1anx
  • anx said: But, at my invoice due, i tried to contact for SSD replacement and got no reply in time.

PM me the details and I'll help you get it sorted.

Thanked by 1anx
  • anxanx Member

@MarkTurner Thank you very much, i cancelled my service before a week ago at the end of billing period, but will reorder again within cc.delimiter.com soon.

• anxanx Member

Price is down to $30.

Sale will be valid for 3 days, if not sold i'll cancel the service.

Thanks.

• anxanx Member

Valid for last 24 hours.