Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest 1U colo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest 1U colo

Under 1A @120v
1U space
~1-2TB Bandwidth
Remote hands needed for some minor tweaking
/29 IPv4

Anyone able to assist. Anywhere in US ideally sub $20

Comments

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited January 2016

I don't even know if Delimiter would want to do that.

Don't forget you're asking for a /29 which is already almost half the price going by standard $1/ip costs. Then you're asking for remote hands...

edit: you could (try) calling HE for their fremont location maybe?? They have a $400 for a full cab promo that's still going...

http://www.he.net/colocation.html

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I wouldn't trust any colo that was priced that low with my hardware.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Its an Core i5 used for backups. The hardware is a bunch of scraps from LA. I could handle a /32 or /30.

• Jonchun said: I don't even know if Delimiter would want to do that.

We wouldn't go near it.

• RizRiz Member

Turnkey in NY is right around that budget I believe.

• Anything in that region up to about $35 would be nice

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Anything in that region up to about $35 would be nice

You need to look at the rural datacentres, there was an old post office converted into datacentre somewhere near NY/NJ that was doing some cheap colo, its probably all single backhaul (read don't bank on reliability) but cheap.

• If you're willing to go up to 35, why bother coloring that box? Just rent a cheap delimiter something? Its just a backup box no?

• @Jonchun said:
    If you're willing to go up to 35, why bother coloring that box? Just rent a cheap delimiter something? Its just a backup box no?

Backing up from Delimiter + Dacentec + OVH ideally need something offsite

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • RizRiz Member
    edited January 2016
  • TinyTunnel_Tom said: Backing up from Delimiter + Dacentec + OVH ideally need something offsite

What about Delimiter in another city?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner said:

PM me some magic if ya can

• But anyway I guess there's nothing cheap colo in HK? D:

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

The power cost alone is going to eat up most if not all of that...

• @qps said:
    The power cost alone is going to eat up most if not all of that...

Like $7-15+ in power depending on the box, location, etc. Then factor in IPs, network, real estate it's taking up for higher margin stuff, sales/support to get the box shipped, cost to receive & rack the thing, then top it off with remote hands going forward.

Don't forget to subtract the payment processing fees on top of all of that...