Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter - Server Tycoon (MMORTS) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kickstarter - Server Tycoon (MMORTS)

2»

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

ALinuxNinja said: I want the GVH expansion pack

gvh IS the expansion pack

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • What is the DLC then?

• edited January 2016

@utama said:
    What is the DLC then?

CloudAtCost, buy once, get forever

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • I thought they rebranded to DowntimeAtCost

ALinuxNinja said: CloudAtCost, buy once, get forever

Thanked by 2PrincessOfCats Kris
  • ChairHosting said: We do not sell chairs. Lets just say its out of stock forever.

You're doing PR wrong. Your name is pretty laughable and you explained it came without meaning.

So I'd play into this if you aren't going to change your name. Verify the address and Amazon out an actual chair to someone who ordered from here. Or change the name if you aren't going to take the jokes as they are... jokes.

Just be less serious about it, since you explained - it has no meaning. I mean, come on.

Now that we're past that, do you stock office chairs by chance?

• GM2015 said: I thought they rebranded to DowntimeAtCost

No, no, it's Safe Mode.

they just left out Safe [for their hypervisors / margins] Mode.

The only service that keeps shutting down my servers into 'safe mode' after its been turned off.

Hell of a feature it is, I hate to come back after 7 days and see my server online. /s

• I considered buying from them once, but some searches and reviews kept me away gladly.

Kris said: No, no, it's Safe Mode.

they just left out Safe [for their hypervisors / margins] Mode.

The only service that keeps shutting down my servers into 'safe mode' after its been turned off.

Hell of a feature it is, I hate to come back after 7 days and see my server online. /s

• They're one of my 'looking glass' brands I host with to see what's on offer from various hosts. I am impressed.... by their ability to still exist with the amount of issues their servers and panel have.

• sinsin Member

perennate said: gvh IS the expansion pack

More like the shitty $0.99 DLC no one wants

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@ChairHosting said:
    We do not sell chairs.

Of course. You only host them.

How much do you charge for a sofa colo?

This would be the sofa:

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

> @ChairHosting said:

We do not sell chairs. Lets just say its out of stock forever.

• ChairHosting said: Seriously We use Racks....

They all know but they say it to just wind you up :)

• @Traffic said:

That's a 2U sofa with an extra $10 fee per pillow as it's a removable item and needs to be tied down.

• Well, a tycoon game I really wanna play :D

• DreamCasterDreamCaster Member
    edited January 2016

Reminded me of Tom Clancy's ruthless.com. I guess I am really getting old

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Does that mean yomura is buying chair companies now?

MarkTurner said: They all know but they say it to just wind you up :)

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited January 2016

@GM2015 said:
    Does that mean yomura is buying chair companies now?

Hosting chairs is the bomb dude

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Turns out @igniteservers thought he was playing the beta of this...

• @hostnoob said:
    That's a 2U sofa with an extra $10 fee per pillow as it's a removable item and needs to be tied down.

If you want to get that into 2U then this optional accessory may be required.

• @NickL

I donated $20 to Hosting Tycoon and request OrcaTech/AthenaLayer to be used.

• @pbgben said:

Server Tycoon is a strategic and management (MMORTS) video game where players strive earning game coins offering internet services to their customers. The simulated companies can be listed on a Stock Exchange and players can buy shares from allies or opponents receiving profits, but remember pirates and competitors will try to stop you with frequent cyber attacks so, improve your infrastructure, organise your defences and try to climb the top of the hi-tech finance!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1567327150/server-tycoon

Hello, we would just to let you know that SERVER TYCOON is going RETAIL. We got rid of the freemium model and advertisement. Together with Android and iOS we will release also the desktop versions for Windows and Mac. We have also added some additional features. Check it out! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1567327150/server-tycoon

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • servertycoon said: Hello, we would just to let you know that SERVER TYCOON is going RETAIL. We got rid of the freemium model and advertisement. Together with Android and iOS we will release also the desktop versions for Windows and Mac. We have also added some additional features. Check it out! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1567327150/server-tycoon

Hello mate,

More power to you for working on this project, but if you think you're going to get contributions from this band of fucking cheapskates you have badly misunderstood the situation.

Thanked by 2netomx GM2015
  • @Nekki said:
    More power to you for working on this project, but if you think you're going to get contributions from this band of fucking cheapskates you have badly misunderstood the situation.

Not at all. Just it seems appropriate, for the sake of information, communicate this change.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Is there a summer host option/mode?

Thanked by 4Mark_R netomx GM2015 KamA
  • @doughmanes said:
    Is there a summer host option/mode?

that crack'd me up haha

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mark_R said: that crack'd me up haha

You could actually make a fun little game out of that.

'You have $150 of Daddy's money with which to run out hosting company for 3 months. The goal is to acquire as many customers as possible and sell the brand to ColoCrossing before the 3 months is up and Daddy cuts you off'.

Thanked by 2Mark_R howardsl2
  • "Run your summerhost out of your PM inbox for dedicated servers/colocation"