Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unmetered VPS - IPv4 NAT & IPv6 - UK Stock Added - Pricing from £2.50/year - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unmetered VPS - IPv4 NAT & IPv6 - UK Stock Added - Pricing from £2.50/year

2»

Comments

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited January 2016

@i83 Thanks, grabbed one. Now I see why @Yoda has a problem. In the welcome e-mail there's no provided the external IP, as other NAT VPS providers do that. So here's the hint: go to "Management Portal", then "Serial Console", then create a session and here's the IPv4 you should connect to (feel free to destroy the session). Of course using your personal SSH forwared port, just read the welcome e-mail.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • i83i83 Member
    edited January 2016

@Anna_Parker said:
    i83 Thanks, grabbed one. Now I see why Yoda has a problem. In the welcome e-mail there's no provided the external IP, as other NAT VPS providers do that. So here's the hint: go to "Management Portal", then "Serial Console", then create a session and here's the IPv4 you should connect to (feel free to destroy the session). Of course using your personal SSH forwared port, just read the welcome e-mail.

There is a full guide on how to obtain the shared IP in the welcome mail (click the link) that goes to our KB article that explains a slightly different process.

We believe we made it clear that it is the hypervisor IP and that the hypervisor/node is listed in the management portal. We will take the feedback you have all given and adjust the mails accordingly.

• usa or singapore location?

• i83i83 Member
    edited January 2016

@nocker said:
    usa

not at this time

singapore location?

ComingSoon, awaiting deployment.

• ToS say

Prohibited Content List (...) Illegal Torrents

But how about legal torrents?

• i83i83 Member
    edited January 2016

@nexusrain said:
    ToS say
    But how about legal torrents?

Well if its not illegal distribution its not prohibited... ? e.g.

Copyright Hollywood Films / Copyright Software = Breach of ToS

Non copyright personal film being distributed by a student / CentOS7 Image = Acceptable.

On a separate note we are rolling out the OpenVZ resource pools.

OpenVZ Resource Bundle #1

1vCPU per VM, 512mb RAM, 35GB RAID Disk, Unmetered Ports^, 3 Instances, Shared IPv4 with IPv6

_Order from £10 annually_

>
    >

OpenVZ Resource Bundle #2

2vCPU per VM, 1024mb RAM, 80GB RAID Disk, Unmetered Ports^, 6 Instances, Shared IPv4 with IPv6

Order from £17.50 annually

Thanked by 1nexusrain
  • @i83 said:

>

Thanks, nice. Well, many providers don't allow it because of its bandwidth and cpu usage.

Bulgaria location back in stock soon? :)

• i83i83 Member
    edited January 2016

@nexusrain said:
    Thanks, nice. Well, many providers don't allow it because of its bandwidth and cpu usage.

It is still subject to our usual fair usage policy, however if you limit/restrict it then it wouldn't be a problem.

Bulgaria location back in stock soon?

Yes, we are awaiting some CPU's from our suppliers although I know they are currently on backorder. As for an ETA we don't have a firm one yet.

• @nocker said:
    usa or singapore location?

Now both open for orders!

• @i83 Any update on the Indian location?

• i83i83 Member
    edited April 2016

@ankittulsian said:
    i83 Any update on the Indian location?

We received contracts from APNIC this afternoon after repeated delays via the postal service.

A colleague has already signed and sorting the return to them as I type this.

• @i83 said:
    A colleague has already signed and sorting the return to them as I type this.

Oh cool. Let us know once it is in stock.

Thanks

• SG-128 seems to be out of stock. Any idea when it'll be in stock again? :) Thanks!

• i83i83 Member
    edited August 2016

@Pikachu01 said:
    SG-128 seems to be out of stock. Any idea when it'll be in stock again? :) Thanks!

A few more packages have been added.

• Hi, do you offer refunds for performance issues? I've been getting sporadic performance issues over the past few days. Even apt-get update chokes and it takes >2-3x the amount of time to do anything.

• Even a login to SSH takes upwards to 30secs before the server responds. This is ridiculous.

• i83i83 Member
    edited August 2016

do you offer refunds for performance issues?

No, we do not provide refunds once a server has been deployed.

This is ridiculous.

If you are encountering issues feel free to contact support, a third party forum is not the place to obtain it.

• I've already created a support ticket. The outcome is that I have to suck up and live with it. I understand that this is a NAT VPS, however having sporadic 30sec delay on SSH is ridiculous, don't you think so?

• i83i83 Member
    edited August 2016

The outcome is that I have to suck up and live with it.

That is not the outcome at all; if the ticket is the one that I have traced then as per the response additional systems are being deployed likely in the next few days in the same region you are encountering issues in.

Load is 1>2 at present on the hypervisor and the node isn't over thresholds yet however a higher than typical level of I/O wait (6-8%) is occurring for the reasons we have previously mentioned.

however having sporadic 30sec delay on SSH is ridiculous, don't you think so?

Have you ensured the delays are not due to your local ISP's routing or external influences as in the ticket we see no mention of this being ruled out?

As said previously, if you wish to discuss this further you are free to reply in the ticket desk.

You seem to think that by posting here the outcome will be different;
    how else are we meant to configure our infrastructure if it hasn't arrived yet?

• I understand this. Hence, the suck it up and live with it, until the infrastructure is upgraded. I don't want to antagonize but until the infrastructure arrives, I'm supposed to suck it up and live with it right? My ISP isn't facing any other issues. How else am I able to tell that the VPS is slow when I have another VPS logged in without problems?

• i83i83 Member
    edited August 2016

@Pikachu01 said:
    I understand this. Hence, the suck it up and live with it, until the infrastructure is upgraded.

To me that would say we are sweeping it under the rug as you didn't mention anything regarding the upgrade.

I don't want to antagonize but until the infrastructure arrives, I'm supposed to suck it up and live with it right?

As we said, during the timeframes you suggested load is higher than average and could have played a factor however if you are experiencing these issues now then that would suggest something else is a causing the delays.

A basic test I know our techs start with would be a MTR/traceroute to check the routing to the hypervisor and once again from the hypervisor back to your local connection.

My ISP isn't facing any other issues. How else am I able to tell that the VPS is slow when I have another VPS logged in without problems?

All it needs is one strange route or a congested link that is different from the routing/links used for the other instance and you may never know without investigating.

As said repeatedly if you wish to investigate the issue further contact us via our support desk not a 3rd party website - I work in sales and this is beyond the scope of my skills.

• OK. For now I will wait until infrastructure update is done. However, not even apologizing for the problem and trying to pin the problem at me is clearly not a very well thought out strategy.

About the sucking it up and living with it. It's true in any sense infrastructure upgrade or not. The least you can do was to apologize and say that you'll work on getting the infrastructure upgrade or offer something in return for the trouble I'm caused over something I've already paid for.

Not asking a lot here. Just a word of apology.

• Oh, and something in return can be anything. Even a 1% discount on my next purchase is fine. The VPS is not really expensive anyways. It's not the money that matters. It's how these problems are resolved. It's exactly why I'm bringing the issue here in the first place.

• i83i83 Member
    edited August 2016

Pikachu01 said: However, not even apologizing for the problem and trying to pin the problem at me is clearly not a very well thought out strategy.

We are not "trying to pin the problem" on you at all. I stated load is now back to a normal level and you should not be experiencing issues, to discuss it further feel free to contact our support team which you are not doing so. I know when trying to diagnose speed/connectivity issues our team ask for a MTR to rule out any issues with the originating ISP.

Pikachu01 said: . The least you can do was to apologize and say that you'll work on getting the infrastructure upgrade

We have already stated the systems are due to deployment this week, I don't really know what further you expect me to share. We don't have a fixed date as we are still waiting on the local delivery company.

or offer something in return for the trouble I'm caused over something I've already paid for.

We do not offer a SLA on our current plans however we have something in mind once everything is sorted. Your instance is online as the hypervisor throughout.

If there was a total node failure we may look at such a thing however at present you are claiming issues but not communicating with our support department about them.

We take care of our customers (at least based on previous outages and issues).

It's not the money that matters.

Ok.

1) We confirmed there was issues when you originally posted (and in ticket).

2) The team have confirmed and asked me to pass on the load has reduced since and you shouldn't be experiencing issues.

3) You continue to post about the issues yet you haven't updated the ticket with us?

Pikachu01 said: It's how these problems are resolved. It's exactly why I'm bringing the issue here in the first place.

The problem is being resolved as we have said multiple times, not only are new systems being deployed to handle the loads better we are still waiting for you update us in the ticket desk - "if you wish to investigate the issue further contact us via our support desk not a 3rd party website" .

• The ticket is closed. No further discussion is needed.

• @i83 any time frame on when SG will be restocked?