Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS Request (suitable for win server)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS Request (suitable for win server)

pylodepylode Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

Can any reputable & reliable provider offer this?

RAM: 2-4 GB (I want to run Windows Server, will supply own license.. more RAM the merrier)
Disk: 100 GB
Transfer: 2 TB (1 TB is okay if good network)
Port: 1 Gbps (shared, but must be 1 Gbps)
IPv4: 1 is fine
IPv6: love me some IPv6!
Location: Los Angeles, San Francisco or San Jose. Good routes to AU, Asia

13 USD/mo? $14/mo Max 
monthly billing initially and if service is good I may switch to quarterly billing.

I would prefer reliability, connection etc over large RAM. so if anyone can offer this at lower specs but offer higher reliability, reputation then I am interested.

Comments

• pylodepylode Member
    edited January 2016

never heard of them, way too expensive for 4 GB too (unless paid annually which is not an option)

• @smooch1502 said:
    never heard of them, way too expensive for 4 GB too (unless paid annually which is not an option)

They are Incero.

BuyVM is a solid KVM provider. So is RamNode.

You're not getting anything close to what you want unless you either pay annually or you sacrifice reliability/quality.

• @Jonchun said:
    ` You're not getting anything close to what you want unless you either pay annually or you sacrifice reliability/quality.

I could sacrifice Disk (50-60GB would be workable), RAM really needs to be at min 2 GB though. would that change anything?

• smooch1502 said: RAM really needs to be at min 2 GB though. would that change anything?

Doubtful, RAM is the costly part of providing KVM

• @miTgiB said:
    Doubtful, RAM is the costly part of providing KVM

I see, so what are we talking about? 1.5 GB?

• smooch1502 said: I see, so what are we talking about?

You'll find RAM is about $10 per 1gb from quality KVM providers unless they have VC money to burn, then expect to get sold or repriced at some point.

• Yea. That would definitely be workable for some providers.

RamNode does:
    2GB RAM
    40 GB Space
    4TB bandwidth

for $18/mo if you use a coupon, so yea if you can spare $4/mo they are a good choice. Otherwise speedykvm is $16/mo for 2GB RAM when paid monthly. BuyVM is out of your budget. Do you require control panels, automated provisioning, etc etc? What will the server be used for?

• @Jonchun said:
    Yea. That would definitely be workable for some providers.

RamNode does:
    2GB RAM
    40 GB Space
    4TB bandwidth

for $18/mo if you use a coupon, so yea if you can spare $4/mo they are a good choice. Otherwise speedykvm is $16/mo for 2GB RAM when paid monthly. BuyVM is out of your budget. Do you require control panels, automated provisioning, etc etc? What will the server be used for?

Not bad, but it's the AUD->USD exchange rate which is killing it for me.

I'm aiming towards InceptionHosting right now (they're a quality provider, right?) however they only offer HVM in Miami, NL

• @smooch1502 said:
    I'm aiming towards InceptionHosting right now (they're a quality provider, right?) however they only offer HVM in Miami, NL

I've heard good things about them. Also note that often times locations like Texas or Florida will be cheaper than LA just because of the location (costs are different).

All in all, it looks like you want quality but are not willing to pay for it. You're most likely going to have to up your budget to around $20/mo as @miTgiB mentioned if you don't want to be ticketing support about why your VPS is down every other week.

• Bump ya budget to $35 go buy an L5420 off @Jonchun

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Bump ya budget to $35 go buy an L5420 off Jonchun

That promo is over :/

• @Jonchun said:

$40 then

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @smooch1502

i have this setup for a someone i know

my setup get a dedi from a provider under 20$/month like delmiter or dacentec or https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

setup promox on the box and create a VM with windows you will have a flexible server

pros:

you have control over your resources

you can use your license

better windows experience more ram or generally more resources like hdd,CPU,RAM,BW

cons:

you have to set it UP first PiTA

there will be a slight increase in ping

• bersybersy Member
    edited January 2016

@MeanServers can combine their 1GB LET packages if I recall right. You can also choose a double RAM addon. Your own license is allowed.