Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any idea when RamNode might offer a big discount for life? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any idea when RamNode might offer a big discount for life?

2»

Comments

• @mandark said: I really wonder, how they can provide such performance in such little price and I totally agree with you. However, it's personal and just out of my affordability.

When a company is heavily funded and is only looking to acquire a customer, they are ones who usually end up selling servers for super cheap. OVH, Hetzner, LiquidWeb are some of the examples.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm happy to announce to you all that RamNode has a new business plan! Instead of higher prices with discount coupons that look impressive in %, Nick has now decided to instead pre-discount the entire lineup and lower all prices by default, no coupons necessary!

Also this happened in 2014.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Or they could just double their prices and offer 50% discount for cheapskates like you.

I bet some people would buy after this.

"Wow, 50% off right now, I can't miss this chance"

Thanked by 1jar

GM2015 said: Or they could just double their prices and offer 50% discount

New premium line. Mark it up by 80%, discount it by 75%. Laugh all the way to the bank...

• jhjh Member

impossiblystupid said: Cheap people asking for even cheaper service increases the overhead of running a business, and thus further reduces the profit margin of anyone that bothers to respond.

For me it saves money. I could go to a bar, cinema or theatre but instead, I get some of my entertainment here for nothing.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

I believe our local supermarket(Morrison) pulls this prank frequently.

£1 this week. £2 next week, but you can get it for £1 with 50% off. What a deal.

I also believe amazon changes its prices automatically all the time. Hence why there are service scraping amazon price changes.

jarland said: New premium line. Mark it up by 80%, discount it by 75%. Laugh all the way to the bank...

Thanked by 1jar
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    We need more love, not hate, and your thoughts are not helping this.

My thought is to pay RamNode the full price they're asking. Explain to me why that is hate, or why there is more love in the demands for a deep discount. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of this matter.

• Your name describes you correctly. You might want to consult an English teacher if you couldn't understand what I meant.

• @jarland said:
    New premium line. Mark it up by 80%, discount it by 75%. Laugh all the way to the bank...

I get what you were trying to say, but your math broke my brain for a second.

$1 item, marked up 80% == $1.80, now take 75% off.. $1.8 * .25 == $0.45...

• RizRiz Member

Hot damn.

edited January 2016

mikeyur said: $1 item, marked up 80% == $1.80, now take 75% off.. $1.8 * .25 == $0.45...

And you can laugh all the way to the bank for that markup cleverly disguised as a discount :)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @mikeyur said:
    $1 item, marked up 80% == $1.80, now take 75% off.. $1.8 * .25 == $0.45...

That's the GVH math.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Um, how poor are you? If you can afford a month of internet subs plan, than i am sure you are not that poor.