Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does exist tutorial on how to create working Linux VPS and assign IPv6 subnet to it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does exist tutorial on how to create working Linux VPS and assign IPv6 subnet to it?

postcdpostcd Member
edited January 2016 in Help

Hello,

is there any tutorial on how to create Linux VPS (probably KVM/XEN) on an dedicated server and assign some IPv6 subnet to it so it can be used. I prefer if the method do not require me to purchase any paid software.

Assuming im having /64 IPv6 subnet assigned to dedicated server and i want part of it to assign to VPS so it can use it (like /27 subnet to VPS?)

And im being amateur in this, thats why i ask if anyone of you is able to find tutorial for this. Im unable.

Thank you

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited January 2016

it should work out of the box with bridged setup. If you route traffic instead of bridging, one thing you need to be aware of is IPv6 neighbor discovery, the little tutorial on how to make it work is here https://www.ipsidixit.net/2010/03/24/239/

• postcd said: Assuming im having /64 IPv6 subnet assigned to dedicated server and i want part of it to assign to VPS so it can use it (like /27 subnet to VPS?)

you need to understand first ipv6, /27 is bigger than /64, and you should assign at least a /64 to each vps.

some providers do it with smaller ranges like /110 or single ips.