Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

infinit - p2p clustered filesystem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

infinit - p2p clustered filesystem

http://infinit.sh/ - Saw it in a thread over at reddit, looks rather interesting possibly a way to aggregate storage over several LEB's?

Comments

• edited January 2016

Wow... this is really unexpected, provided that it's coming from the Infinit Team - since they changed their pricing plans last year (to be more like Droplr and CloudApp), I would expect them to sell this.

Thanks alot for this cool share, anyway!

• Thanks for the share, this looks amazing!

• Looks amazing. Might be a really good solution

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Sounds and looks good, You still require HA on the storage pools.

Just keep in mind that the storage infrastructure presented in this guide is very sensitive to computers disconnecting, possibly rendering files inaccessible.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@pbgben said:
    Sounds and looks good, You still require HA on the storage pools.

Just keep in mind that the storage infrastructure presented in this guide is very sensitive to computers disconnecting, possibly rendering files inaccessible.

Isn't that why you mark how much replication the pool has? or am I not understanding their definition of copies/replication?

Francisco

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

Ahh, yes. Under the network section of their documentation,

The network can be configured depending on the requirements of the storage infrastructure the administrator is setting up. For instance, the number of computing devices could be extremely small, the owners of those computers could be somewhat untrustworthy or the machines could be expected to be turned off and on on a daily basis following their work schedule. All these parameters can be used to tune the network: the overlay’s topology, the replication factor, the fault tolerance algorithm and much more.

That's made it more enticing for me now.