Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can i get a better deal than this at 10$ per month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can i get a better deal than this at 10$ per month?

Comments

• IMO, None.

• is this turnkeyhost offer M

• @Caster said:
    is this turnkeyhost offer M

yea

• good provider

• If 10Mb is enough for you... you probably don't need a dedicated server.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • I had a black Friday deal with Turnkey a few years ago and left but now came back exactly for this deal. Never had any complaints though ...

I mailed with Adam and he agreed on an add-on for a one-time fee and I took the extra 250 GB drive as a bonus. They even set up Proxmox for me and Adam was so kind as to ask whether I was really sure about the extra drive and pointed out the extra IP's could come in handy for virtualization. Kept the 250 GB drive as I do some NATting and reverse proxying ...

Very much thumbs up for Adam and his team !! Highly recommended.

• But 10 Mbps? Why?

• @Junkless said:
    But 10 Mbps? Why?

This is what makes it not worth it for me. If you had the option of a limited amount of traffic on 1Gbps or 100Mbps at least...

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited January 2016

@Junkless: most probably bandwidth is their highest cost ... Excellent for external backup (takes a while to upload the data though) and running a personal mail server etc or do some virtualization as these servers support VT-x ...

• 10Mbit = 3.3TB. I'd rather take 3TB on 1Gbit

Thanked by 1tehdan
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    10Mbit = 3.3TB. I'd rather take 3TB on 1Gbit

Give me 1 TB on 250 Mbit, I will be happy.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • If only this didn't require an annual payment... :p

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Q9300? Been a long time since I've seen a yorkie...

• For 10 bucks a month cant beat it even with the 10Mbps there are many things you can use this server for with that cap.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

If we were talking about a VPS everyone would tell you it's not a great deal, and quite frankly that CPU isn't as good as many VPS nodes even with it being shared. A decent VPS host would be a better deal. BuyVM storage comes to mind right away.

• "Unmetered 10mbps" still get a chuckle out of that. I'd pull a bigger budget together and get a Kimsufi or Delimiter dedi.

Wholesale Internet has the C2D and C2Q units for $10/15 with unmetered 100mbps, the 2 units I got were definitely misses and I cancelled after first month but others seem to have gotten better units.

If you're capped on $10, I'd personally go with a solid VPS.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • 10mbit? Home connections are better.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Turnkey smallest plan seems to be a XEN vm which comes with 2 CPU Cores @ 2.00 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 20 GB storage, gigabit port (unmetered), at $ 7,99. Not bad.

• teperteper Member
    edited January 2016

I will be using this server mainly for development purpose, so i guess 10 mbps is fine for that

btw 100 mbps unmetered is a 120$ addon

• you're really better off with a kimsufi or a vps somewhere else.

teper said: I will be using this server mainly for development purpose, so i guess 10 mbps is fine for that

btw 100 mbps unmetered is a 120$ addon

• Wait for a wholesale internet $10/month to come back in stock - only 4GB but you get 100 Mb. You also can pay monthly.