Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS - Atom down 12 hours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS - Atom down 12 hours

My Atom with Delimiter in ALT has been down for over 12 hours with no response to ticket since my initial open. Just curious if anyone else is having an issue or if it is just me.
@markturner

Comments

• Do these have any SLA?

• I doubt it for the price.

• All of Delimiter's servers are unmanaged, so unless there is a hardware failure the responsibility to diagnose your OS issues lay with you.

Atoms don't have KVMs so you are limited to using Sysrcd to boot the system and the manually mount the disk.

• Support told me to boot into rescue mode. I see no option in your control panel to do this. Without a KVM and not option to boot into rescue mode (unless this is hidden somewhere) there is no way for me to self manage this issue. Only options I have in the CP is Power Mangement which is On off or Power cycle and Reinstall OS which just gives me a list of OS's to install I don't see System restore there.

• In the list of operating systems look for "sysrcd" - this is the rescue CD you need to "install to". In fact it will boot the rescue CD and you can then ssh in to investigate.

Thanked by 1klpowell
  • klpowell said: Support told me to boot into rescue mode.

PM me your IP and I'll see what I can find out.

• @rds100 said:

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that. Support said they were going to have the DC attempt a different kernel so I'll wait a few before trying sysrcd. Unless interworx installed a new kernel on it's own I don't see that being the issue. Server has chugged along without me changing anything for months.

• The DC logged in an ran an fsck and all is back up now. They went above and beyond. I only wish that 14 hours ago when I opened the ticket they would have said that it was an issue on my system, since there was an open Network Status I assumed it was going to be related to that.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • @MarkTurner said:

Thanks Mark they took care of it.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • klpowell said: there was an open Network Status I assumed it was going to be related to that.

Always check the date on the network issue, they leave them open for a few days so that if anyone is looking for historical data its instantly available.

Thanked by 2netomx lazyt