Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup.eu Root Server (SSD) Reviews? - Monster Deal - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup.eu Root Server (SSD) Reviews? - Monster Deal

13»

Comments

• VPS_UnlimitedVPS_Unlimited Member
    edited February 2016

@VPSensational said:
    Thanks - sounds like a typical German pain in the ass provider, I'll skip. Shame, the deal looks good.

I also needed to provide my ID for signup. Scanned it and sent via mail. Alternatively they sometimes accept phone calls. This is a must and tbh a hassle^^ Cancellation is easy done in cp :) No signature or anything needed!

@ZweiTiger paid my first payment with paypal^^

• @VPSensational said:
    What's wrong with just hitting a terminate button in WHMCS to cancel a service?

would really like to see how you call a provider names if your whmcs account got hacked and someone pushed that button for you, so you can be just lazy as hell...

from a provider POV they probably would not want to take much risk for low money, which IMHO is very understandable.
    customers who do not want to do 5 minute of legitimation work are probably simply not worth it.

and as it is every customers own choice to deal with or not - just be free and go on using other provider ;-)

(after all I'd say exactly this point doesn't tell much about quality of service, one only have to be aware of it)

• @VPS_Unlimited said:
    ZweiTiger paid my first payment with paypal^^

Good to hear. They said i have to pay by bank transfer so.. i skip.

• I honestly feel providers that are strict on scanning signup profiles turn out to be more "stable" in the long run than those accepting Bitcoins attracting the hit-n-run customers.

Just my 2 cents... no offense though!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@ZweiTiger said:
    Also for the first payment you have to pay by bank transfer. From Hungary its 20 eur fee.

Uh? Hungary is SEPA so if you have to pay fees the problem is unafortunately in your end.

• shafireshafire Member
    edited February 2016

SEPA?

@shafire said:
    SEPA?

http://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/index.cfm/about-sepa/sepa-vision-and-goals/

We don't pay for bank transfers as long as they are in EUR. In the case of Hungary, you still need to pay a currency exchange fee, but bank transfers in the SEPA zone are basically free.

• @Nyr said:
    We don't pay for bank transfers as long as they are in EUR. In the case of Hungary, you still need to pay a currency exchange fee, but bank transfers in the SEPA zone are basically free.
    @Nyr said:

Not in Hungary. With business account 20 eur the fee. With personal account its 4 eur.

@ZweiTiger said:
    Not in Hungary. With business account 20 eur the fee. With personal account its 4 eur.

I guess this varies depending on your bank... still, very abusive.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited March 2016

Benchmark

Netcup SSD Root Server L

serverbear.com/benchmark/2016/03/29/oacEKjn76V3SDGAh

Online.net Dedicated Limited Edition 1115 (2x2TB SATA with Raid battery cache , xeon E31220 , 16GB ECC DDR3 memory)

serverbear.com/benchmark/2016/03/29/GDY1QwPdK3C2FtI0

Well the performance is very good at netcup , almost reach the online.net dedicated server. Also the SSD speed at netcup is very good. Got 100k read ips and 43k write iops. (online.net got around 990 and 730)

Greetings from Hungary :)

• @Nyr said:
    I guess this varies depending on your bank... still, very abusive.

Finally i sent the amount price by bank transfer. This was 4 eur transaction fee for me. But now i coild pay by paypal so.. great :P

• @ZweiTiger said:
    Benchmark

Netcup SSD Root Server L

serverbear.com/benchmark/2016/03/29/oacEKjn76V3SDGAh

Online.net Dedicated Limited Edition 1115 (2x2TB SATA with Raid battery cache , xeon E31220 , 16GB ECC DDR3 memory)

serverbear.com/benchmark/2016/03/29/GDY1QwPdK3C2FtI0

Well the performance is very good at netcup , almost reach the online.net dedicated server. Also the SSD speed at netcup is very good. Got 100k read ips and 43k write iops. (online.net got around 990 and 730)

Greetings from Hungary :)

Netcup is one of my top 3 providers :) + eastee sale atm

• UPDATE

Server performance is great! CPU is fast , and always got 400-600 IO speed. Tested many times.

Network performance is great too , but please note! If you use more then 80mbit/s for more then 15 minutes then they limit your network to 50mbit/s until the end of the month.

They said the 15 minute is not real value , so not after 15 minutes.. more!

Uptime is great too.. I really recommend!

• FalzoFalzo Member

@ZweiTiger said:
    UPDATE

interesting enough, could you please post the output of

cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep flags |uniq
  • FalzoFalzo Member

occasionally played around with a netcup Root-Server L lately... which is 4 Cores 12 GB KVM.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/6251810

server feels very responsive and fast, network connection, ssd, everything...
    support also has been fast, very friendly and accommodating. setup was almost instant without even paying anything, just got called on my mobile (within germany) for identification purposes.

sadly (again) a provider with no nested virtualization available, did a detailed request on that...

so after all very much bang for the buck if you don't want to do nested virt.

Thanked by 2nfn FredQc
  • hakabehakabe Member

Very solid hardware. However, when I asked to upgrade my root server for more cores, they told me that upgrade always costs a 20€ one time fee.

So I thought I cancel the old one and get a new one - whoops - no can do; You have to cancel your subscription one month beforehand. So I'm stuck with the one that needs to get upgraded.

Not so seamless aey? I moved my services elsewhere.

But if you know what you need, it's a dirt cheap with quality hardware.

VLAN is a tricky part. It costs 15€/month/virtual server plus 35€/dedicated nic/virtual server - so you'll end up paying 100€ for just two VPS interacting within own VLAN. Does not offer any software VLANs.

Thanked by 2bersy vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@hakabe said:
    Very solid hardware. However, when I asked to upgrade my root server for more cores, they told me that upgrade always costs a 20€ one time fee.

So I thought I cancel the old one and get a new one - whoops - no can do; You have to cancel your subscription one month beforehand. So I'm stuck with the one that needs to get upgraded.

Not so seamless aey? I moved my services elsewhere.

But if you know what you need, it's a dirt cheap with quality hardware.

VLAN is a tricky part. It costs 15€/month/virtual server plus 35€/dedicated nic/virtual server - so you'll end up paying 100€ for just two VPS interacting within own VLAN. Does not offer any software VLANs.

I agree the cancellation time and upgrade could be improved but super quality for the price :)

• WilliamWilliam Member

VPSensational said: Thanks - sounds like a typical German pain in the ass provider, I'll skip. Shame, the deal looks good.

Netcup is now Austrian owned.

ZweiTiger said: Finally i sent the amount price by bank transfer. This was 4 eur transaction fee for me. But now i coild pay by paypal so.. great :P

Your bank account is not in Euro then. I do NOT pay single cent for Euro transfers inside the EU from Austrian, Croatian and German bank accounts. I do pay fees for my Croatian HRK accounts and British ones.

• hakabehakabe Member
    edited May 2017

@Ympker said:
    I agree the cancellation time and upgrade could be improved but super quality for the price :)

Yep. Adding more CPUs using KVM should take around less than a minute. That takes less time than explaining these weird fees to customers via email - and possibly losing them :)