Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nginx and cloudflare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nginx and cloudflare

Hi

I'm interested in why can not I change leverage browser caching at the server even though I try to put in my /etc/nginx/nginx.conf ?

Is there anything to do with domain in goddady are set nameservers of cloudflare and I configured the configuration cloudflare for caching?

Comments

• The Cloudflare reverse proxy has different settings than your web server. You'd have to disable the Cloudflare service for your domain by setting the cloud to grey to use the settings you set in nginx.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    The Cloudflare reverse proxy has different settings than your web server. You'd have to disable the Cloudflare service for your domain by setting the cloud to grey to use the settings you set in nginx.

Completely disable or delete from Cloudflare my domain or just cache?

• You have to disable the Cloudflare CDN service for your domain DNS records by clicking the orange cloud and it will turn grey.

This means that Cloudflare will only handle DNS for your domain and no longer will provide CDN and caching.

This is the only way to use the settings of your web server instead of the Clouflare reverse proxy.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • Thanks dude!

And how best configuration for nginx.conf is for website which is more than 2 years old, with 2000 thumbnails pics?

• Sorry mate. I can't help with that. I'm not sure what the best values would be. I can recommend to run some applications like optipng and jpegoptim to optimize the images (saving space without losing quality).

About " leverage browser caching" check out https://www.howtoforge.com/make-browsers-cache-static-files-on-nginx and https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/leverage-browser-caching-for-nginx

I don't know how sane it is to set 1 year but it seems to work mostly.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • RolterRolter Member
    edited January 2016

Have you looked into cloudflare caching menu ?

Also , page rules can be helpful for setting custome headers , such as for browser caching ..

• @Rolter said:

Yes, did not changed nothing

• @Oldky said:

In that case , you should send an email to cloudflare support or open a ticket , they usually reply within a day or so ..