Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do rules apply to ads? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do rules apply to ads?

2»

Comments

• Well I was pretty close on things. I didn't see the part originally about the fiance but makes sense now.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@24khost said: So basically you signed a no compete agreement. So you can't own another competeing hosting company. But your fiance owns this one and you work for her.

Does you fiance also work there? ;)

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2013

@Nick_A said: Does you fiance also work there? ;)

Yes she does/will.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Nice

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

@Corey said: Yes that is correct @24khost.

Better hope that the person/company you signed the non-compete with doesn't know how to use Google.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2013

@qps said: Better hope that the person/company you signed the non-compete with doesn't know how to use Google.

I already told him. We discussed it before I signed the non compete. So if I recognize any of your names from ydgh signing up at my fiances business I will suspend and refund you.

• @Corey

Why does it have to be non-compete? couldn't you sell it without that agreement?

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2013

@Ishaq said: @Corey

Why does it have to be non-compete? couldn't you sell it without that agreement?

He doesn't want me owning a business because he doesn't want YDGH customers leaving YDGH for a new business that I create. It's a way for him to secure his investment.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Ishaq said: I'm seeing this "flamehosting, starting from $8.99" ad and was wondering why this is allowed.

normally for paid ads it doesn't matter, as they are paying for ads not for LEB/LET rules and LEB/LET rules are not generate any cash!

• Yeah cause if that was true then each ad should only be at a max $7.00

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@24khost said: Yeah cause if that was true then each ad should only be at a max $7.00

Then urpad would have all of them :P

• @jarland said: Then urpad would have all of them :P

lol

• @jarland said: Then urpad would have all of them :P

Or oneasiahost on lowendbox :)

• @Corey and if we didn't have anything at ydgh and sign up at with your new service ;)?

• @Dragoon0309 said: @Corey and if we didn't have anything at ydgh and sign up at with your new service ;)?

Then you are fine.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2013

@Corey said: Then you are fine.

So basically for a year if we're with YDGH we can't sign up with yours?

Meh.

• @HalfEatenPie said: So basically for a year if we're with YDGH we can't sign up with yours?

Meh.

Depends on what server you have with YDGH. I remember your username and we don't even offer dedicated servers right now. So if you were to order a vps that would be ok.