Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner confirms IP prices
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner confirms IP prices

hostdoghostdog Member
edited January 2013 in General

Hello,

Just received an email form Hetzner.
These are the prices for new and old customers:

Price valid from Product Price per Month
1 March 2013 /30 Subnet 4 euros
1 March 2013 /29 Subnet 8 euros
1 March 2013 /29 Failover Subnet 18 euros
1 April 2013 /28 Subnet 16 euros
1 April 2013 /28 Failover Subnet 26 euros
1 May 2013 /27 Subnet 32 euros
1 May 2013 /27 Failover Subnet 42 euros
1 May 2013 /26 Subnet 64 euros
1 May 2013 /26 Failover Subnet 74 euros
1 June 2013 /25 Subnet 128 euros
1 June 2013 /25 Failover Subnet 138 euros
1 June 2013 /24 Subnet 256 euros
1 June 2013 /24 Failover Subnet 266 euros
1 June 2013 /23 Subnet 512 euros

Comments

• Wow.. that's crazy.

• @Ishaq said: Wow.. that's crazy.

It's 1€/IP which is reansonable

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said: It's 1€/IP which is reansonable

This is going to hurt many existing long term Hetzner customers/hosts, specially those in LEB segment. Hostinginside just sent me mail about 100% price increase of their small VPSs. I am expecting now also price increase mails from Nick (fanatical/afterburst.com) and Alex (syscentral.de)...

• @gsrdgrdghd said: It's 1€/IP which is reansonable

Not for hosts.

• Glad we moved away, not sure if we'd like a 512 euro a month increase just for IPs!

• Pretty Expensive; but i guess it will shift all their abused nodes out. MC / GS hosts in general seem to get abused through DDoS and attacks, so increasing price, not only to increase revenue for a small amount of time before people up and leave, will also reduce their bandwidth, and therefore running costs.

Smart move providing they have 'existing' 'large' companies with more generalised intentions to keep them running :)! Expect a Hetzner super-server deal sometime between march and september.

• @Ishaq said: Not for hosts.

OVH charges the same amount and the 2 are probably the biggest budget hosts in Europe.

• 1 Euro is normal price. Especially when there is IPv4 shortage.

• At least they give people a few months to leave.

• Glad we're not with them, we get reasonable prices from our UK supplier, but we pay the premium for the actual service.

• @Spirit We're [Afterburst] not planning on changing our prices ;)

"Up to 3 free ipv4 [with justification]" might be changing though - but unlikely for existing VPS.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@Flapadar that's great news for me. Thank you.
    I hope that it won't hurt your business much.

• @Flapadar
    Nice to see you around.
    I am your customer since almost two years ago and I am really happy

• Very glad you're both happy :)

Shouldn't be too big a hit - discussed it with Nick the other day and we'll be fine.

• on ther website they offer 16 ips max

• @dosserversca They used to do larger subnets (and even further back: used to be for a one-off setup fee)

• @Flapadar
    I know i was using ther servers for alot time but right now they not worth the price
    so i moved to another.

with hetzner i was around 3 years and had around 15 dedicated servers and mostly every server had around 126 ip's