Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need multiple boxes!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need multiple boxes!

edited January 2016 in Requests

I am here to look for 5 nodes (at least) that provides me the following on each:

• KVM preferred, anything else non-OpenVZ is welcome

• 256MB of RAM at the very least.

• Minimal storage needs, like, 7.5GB of storage? Fine with HDD and SSD, RAID setup would be a plus.

• Ubuntu 14.04 minimal, amd64

• 1 dedicated IPv4 at least, at least 1 IPv6 that works.

or... is there a node that does this?

• KVM preferred, I just wanna run Docker instances of Ubuntu Server

• 1.5GB RAM

• 30GB HDD?

• 1 IPv4, and some IPv6 addresses will do :)

just trying to get a price so I can plan, this is for my juniors lmao, planning to teach them how to use (and manage) servers

Do list deals with pricing? Thanks.

Other stuff:

• Business must be around for at least one year, or a registered company for 6 months.

• Server location isn't an issue, as long as its not in North Korea.

Comments

• 1.5gb ram , 30gb HDD , 1ip @ Canada OVH - $4/m

• Hello theroyalstudent.

We could do this config:

KVM in Franc/ Paris (geo in Germany)
    512MB Ram + 512 Swap
    30GB Disk Raid1
    5TB Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 (no IPv6 support)
    DDoS protected

$8/month

Please let me know if you are interested to create the order link.

Good luck choosing your Provider.

Regards,
    Gregory

• @theroyalstudent said:
    I am here to look for 5 nodes (at least) that provides me the following on each:

• KVM preferred, anything else non-OpenVZ is welcome

• 256MB of RAM at the very least.

• Minimal storage needs, like, 7.5GB of storage? Fine with HDD and SSD, RAID setup would be a plus.

• 1 dedicated IPv4 at least, at least 1 IPv6 that works.

Maybe this? https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/kvm-vps.html

this is for my juniors

Just curious... if you're 14, how old are your "juniors"? 11-13?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited January 2016

@angrysnarl said:

If his 14 most likely his juniors are around 12-13 assuming his secondary 2 and his juniors are from the same school.

Why not use yellow circle if you just want to teach them server administration?

• @theroyalstudent get Openvz VPS from HostUS from LA or Premium location hongkong they allow Docker

Specs
    1 core
    756MB Ram
    25 GB HDD
    1 Ipv4
    Ipv6

11$/year or 16$/year if Hongkong

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Who pays for it? Do you want local for Singapore? DO or leaseweb, right?

For US, I have a delimiter dedi which is good. Look at the last delimiter coupon thread where Mark posted.

Otherwise, LES/Inception hosting containers are good for their price in the US: Dallas, Miami. Miami has some either some disk issues or wait IO time. Tar/Gzip took forever last time I tried manually and pushed my container's load to ~1.x.

theroyalstudent said: I am here to look for 5 nodes (at least) that provides me the following on each:

KVM preferred, anything else non-OpenVZ is welcome

256MB of RAM at the very least.

Minimal storage needs, like, 7.5GB of storage? Fine with HDD and SSD, RAID setup would be a plus.

Ubuntu 14.04 minimal, amd64

1 dedicated IPv4 at least, at least 1 IPv6 that works.

or... is there a node that does this?

KVM preferred, I just wanna run Docker instances of Ubuntu Server

1.5GB RAM

30GB HDD?

Ubuntu 14.04 minimal, amd64

1 IPv4, and some IPv6 addresses will do :)

just trying to get a price so I can plan, this is for my juniors lmao, planning to teach them how to use (and manage) servers

Do list deals with pricing? Thanks.

Other stuff:

Business must be around for at least one year, or a registered company for 6 months.

Server location isn't an issue, as long as its not in North Korea.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

theroyalstudent said: just trying to get a price so I can plan, this is for my juniors lmao, planning to teach them how to use (and manage) servers

How long do you need the server to actually be online for? If it's only during certain time periods, then AWS (Xen hvm) may actually be cheaper, just delete the instance and only pay for RBD to persist the disk.

Edit: missed IPv6 requirement, I think on AWS it's hard to setup IPv6. In that case I'll suggest our platform on Luna Node, SSD KVM instances in Toronto with 1x IPv4/IPv6, 2 GB RAM, 20 GB storage is $7/mo (or 35 GB and more CPU for $14/mo). Multiple IPv6 requires tenant network @ $4/mo, which provides /64 range. When you don't need the VM, you can snapshot it and delete it so you only pay for the tenant network ($4/mo) / snapshot storage (35 GB is $1/mo). Everything is billed hourly.

Edit2: and of course, there's also RamNode -- 256MB SKVM is $3.5/mo and 2048MB SKVMS is $20/mo, both include /64 IPv6.

• edited January 2016

@angrysnarl said:
    Why not use yellow circle if you just want to teach them server administration?

Looks good, thanks. Will take a look later.

@angrysnarl said:

14 (ignoring birthday). I'm turning 15 in Feb.

@GM2015 said:
    Who pays for it? Do you want local for Singapore? DO or leaseweb, right?

I will probably be the one to pays for it. My school club recently got merged (to cut costs), and many trainers from many clubs got retrenched, so I don't expect to get any funds.

Local or not, is fine, since I will have to use something like Shell in a box (maybe in my SG nodes if the new nodes I get are from overseas), as my school firewall blocks SSH (sadly).

@GM2015 said:
    Otherwise, LES/Inception hosting containers are good for their price in the US: Dallas, Miami. Miami has some either some disk issues or wait IO time. Tar/Gzip took forever last time I tried manually and pushed my container's load to ~1.x.

Inception Hosting containers are great, I have two in Singapore and I run backups (Tar/Gzip) every 3 hours and it works fine, network is great top, managed to push my backups into ACD in ~3 mins (250MB+)

@perennate said:
    I think on AWS it's hard to setup IPv6. In that case I'll suggest our platform on Luna Node, SSD KVM instances in Toronto with 1x IPv4/IPv6, 2 GB RAM, 20 GB storage is $7/mo (or 35 GB and more CPU for $14/mo). Multiple IPv6 requires tenant network @ $4/mo, which provides /64 range. When you don't need the VM, you can snapshot it and delete it so you only pay for the tenant network ($4/mo) / snapshot storage (35 GB is $1/mo). Everything is billed hourly.

Your offerings look great, will take a look and try them later :)

@simonindia said:
    theroyalstudent get Openvz VPS from HostUS from LA or Premium location hongkong they allow Docker

Sounds like a decent deal, will probably get a new node from them for my own purposes, hope their services are good.

• What about a simple resource pool:

https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/cloud-resource-pool/

You don't need a public IP per system, just assign the IP to the provided router and then port forward SSH from each system to different public ports eg:

2022 -> 22 (VM1)
    2023 -> 22 (VM2)
    etc

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@simonindia said:
    theroyalstudent get Openvz VPS from HostUS from LA or Premium location hongkong they allow Docker

Specs
    1 core
    756MB Ram
    25 GB HDD
    1 Ipv4
    Ipv6

11$/year or 16$/year if Hongkong

Thanks for the mention, this package is only available in US / UK, Hong Kong special plans are here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/61120/hostus-now-in-hong-kong-xeon-e5-pure-ssd-breeze-panel-and-more-from-2-95-month

We support Docker through our Docker template and some custom scripts. Docker quick start guide

• well currently I can offer you those specs or possibly higher than that
    I currently have a quickpacket ssd node that runs opennebula that I am finishing up the blesta billing module for(but quickpacket ssd only has a 120gb ssd in it).
    also if you want something already ready(not something I am finishing up coding my opennebula billing module for blesta) you can get vps's on my virtualizor nodes(which are ovh canada,ovh france,delimiter,dacentec,hetzner is available as well though if there aren't enough people signed up for hetzner to make its cost worth it hetzner will be cut)
    please contact here: https://cubedata.net/client/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/add/1/
    to submit a sales ticket to discuss further on what I can do for you.