Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best offer for 8 core cpu vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

best offer for 8 core cpu vps

wassapwassap Member
edited January 2013 in Help

min spec

8 core cpu
128mb ram
50gb bandwidth
100mbit network
hard disk < 1gb

best offer i got 0.5$ per core per month.
anyone can give better offer?

also is there any 16 core cpu ?

Comments

• I think Edis will give you full server's CPU with fair share policy :D

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited January 2013

Why do you need so much processing power with such low RAM?

Most providers here are using E3's regardless, so that's four cores max. You will need somebody using dual CPU's, BlueVM spring to mind.

• More cores isn't any better. As mentioned it can be a dual CPU, but can also be an ancient one. What does it mean?

• how bout i7?

• @wassap said: how bout i7?

i7 is 4 core 8 threads. Each core has 2 threads.

It's equivalent of an E3 you can say.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

I think a Dual L5420 or a Dual L5440 (or any other Dual Xeon) would be the one your looking for..

• What's the intended use of this? No provider is going to be happy if you tie 8 cores / threads for a long time.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I have 2 dual quad nodes.. However no way I'd go as low as .5 per core. HMU if you are interested though, we can work a quote out.

• Before I even offer you a deal, why do you need that many cores? In reality the more memory and cores you get the more access you have. like with us for each 256 mb memory you get about 500 mhz and than can spread that across multiple cores.

What is this going to be used for? before any offer is given.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

I smell something fishy hhhh

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'll gladly give you 1/8 of a core. Dedicated even.

• hiphiphiphiphiphip Member
    edited January 2013

I need high power CPU vps with low RAM,low traffic,fair disk too.
    CPU is always the bottleneck when using wordpress and magento and joomla.

• buttcoins

• @hiphiphip said: I need high power CPU vps with low RAM,low traffic,fair disk too.

CPU is always the bottleneck when using wordpress and magento and joomla.

Wordpress doesn't require 8 cores

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2013

@gubbyte said: Wordpress doesn't require 8 cores

It does when you need to use it to initiate spamming at unprecedented rates :)
    Strange the things some spammers use these days.

• magento is way to heavy, use prestashop. and no way wordpress or joomla needs that many cores.

• @24khost said: prestashop

Has Prestashop been updated to work properly with PHP 5.4 yet?

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited January 2013

@Damian Have not tried it with 5.4 yet.

• @gubbyte
    @24khost
    Normal wordpress blog doesn't need many cores,but when using plugin like jigoshop,ab -n 100 -c 10 could make the load >5 easily.
    You could do apachebench on an empty blog using twenty twelve with no cache,it's difficult to make the RPS more than 50.

• @hiphiphip

why are you running without cache? why are you running apache and not lighttpd or nginx? Failure to properly setup a server is the problem.

• @24khost said: why are you running apache and not lighttpd or nginx? Failure to properly setup a server is the problem.

I bet you think Java is shit too, don't you?

• Well for the web yes. For running servers no. Java has it's good points and bad points.

In regards to my statement, you should either run apache 2.4, nginx, lighttpd for a sit getting that many hits, generating that much traffic.

• IIS8 is also worth consideration

• 8 virtual cores CPU for $4/mo wow that's a deal ...

• @24khost I said no cache because it's the default situation.
    I am using nginx+php-fpm+mariadb cached with memcache,but the bench result is still not good.

• only place I know that would do that deal is ummmm serverhub.