Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers With Customizable Plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers With Customizable Plans

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I was surprised when I looked at Hostigation's (@miTgiB ) OvZ plans to see only 512MB plans...but then I realized you can order that and change RAM, CPU, disk, etc. separately in their WHMCS to craft your own server. I know there have been others that do that but still kind of neat to see for a LEB provider.

What other providers do this?

Comments

• Doesn't solusvm module support this out of the box? (Or am I thinking of the modules garden version)

• Jonchun said: Doesn't solusvm module support this out of the box? (Or am I thinking of the modules garden version)

I bet you could cobble it together with the SolusVM module, the MG probably does as well, but with anything from ModulesGarden, it's what doesn't work tomorrow that is the big question

I am using Proxmox for OpenVZ now, so this is not solus under the hood.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We do. However you must request the link, since the builder is still in beta for the moment. :)

• This has been my custom sales model for right now that I customize and build a custom package for every person so they have the resources they want.
    though it is done manually at the moment due to I am not sure how to get blesta to do this.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

Customizable disk is more common, since customizable RAM/CPU makes it difficult to maintain the same ratio across host nodes. e.g. on iwstack you can create volumes with any size, and then boot a VM off of it, but the actual VM plan has fixed RAM/CPU.

Edit: also of course resource pools like wable, delimiter, etc.; easier than fully customizable plans since you get to keep the ratios on total resources consistent.

Cloudive supported fully customizable plans, but they seem out of stock now.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited January 2016

We offer fully customisable instances, however at this time it is only enabled for existing customers in trials. We are tweaking customisations with the next batch of upgrades we do and then it should be ready for new signups/customers.

We also have rescource bundles due for public release shortly after the positive feedback during closed testing.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

perennate said: Customizable disk is more common, since customizable RAM/CPU makes it difficult to maintain the same ratio across host nodes. e.g. on iwstack you can create volumes with any size, and then boot a VM off of it, but the actual VM plan has fixed RAM/CPU.

Edit: also of course resource pools like wable, delimiter, etc.; easier than fully customizable plans since you get to keep the ratios on total resources consistent.

Cloudive supported fully customizable plans, but they seem out of stock now.

We offer this for a very long time from OVZ to KVM in my.iperweb.com. Also have pools powered by iwstack called iwzip.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @miTgiB said:
    I am using Proxmox for OpenVZ now, so this is not solus under the hood.

Just a little confused on that statement. Your website/sig still claims it's SolusVM hosting and clicking "manage" on your site redirects to a solusvm login area. Is the OVZ stuff separate and only for registered clients?

• Jonchun said: Just a little confused on that statement. Your website/sig still claims it's SolusVM hosting and clicking "manage" on your site redirects to a solusvm login area. Is the OVZ stuff separate and only for registered clients?

There are still many existing clients that are hosted with SolusVM, and all KVM is still provided with SolusVM. Proxmox is used for all new OpenVZ and is controlled via their client area in WHMCS.

Unlike many child run providers, I do not just blow stuff away and change on a dime. If I sold someone a SolusVM provided VPS, they will keep a SolusVM provided VPS until they request to be migrated or they decide to leave.

Thanked by 3Jonchun rds100 Nyr
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We also do this you can "build" your VPS in our VPS section or in our public cloud you can change the VM plans, upgrade/downgrade ressources.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

We provide "Build your own" server option. Thought, it's not that popular like predefined VPS packages.

• i83i83 Member

We offer resource pools based on Shared IPv4 NAT allowing you to build your own specifications on the instances if that is of interest to you?

• DACDAC Member

In most of Webline-Services and Domainsatcost.com plans you can choose how much disk space and bandwidth you want, but the CPU and RAM is usually fixed, although if you need something different than what the plans have they can make a customized solution for you.