Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with OVH Dedi Server. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help with OVH Dedi Server.

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Jarland ban for Jane? Bit of scum we could do without. I'd rather you ban Jane and make Mr General mod

It kind of sounds like a rule is needed against encouraging illegal activity and running scams against others. We wouldn't encourage giving advice about how to scam people with a VPS company, nor allow it to take place, so why should we allow encouraging people to scam advertisers?

Definitely something that needs further discussion I think. I don't think anyone wants this place to become hackforum or some blackhat SEO forum.

• jane98211jane98211 Member
    edited January 2016

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Jarland ban for Jane? Bit of scum we could do without. I'd rather you ban Jane and make Mr General mod

I really don't care. I have seen most people here apart from 4-5 don't support privacy anyway. They just attack. Or I don't know if this forum has any status and if providers here are rich big business or just road side providers. I really don't know.

• @jarland said:
    Definitely something that needs further discussion I think. I don't think anyone wants this place to become hackforum or some blackhat SEO forum.

I don't mind mild TE talk. We have allowed jingling for awhile and I think the majority of people can handle that. It's when it hits extreme. Falsely accusing, unnessisary drama, intentionally lying, going against the providers TOS and still complaining

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • TinyTunnel_Tom said: Falsely accusing, unnessisary drama, intentionally lying, going against the providers TOS and still complaining

Didn't you learn English yet?

• Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited January 2016

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I don't mind mild TE talk. We have allowed jingling for awhile and I think the majority of people can handle that. It's when it hits extreme. Falsely accusing, unnessisary drama, intentionally lying, going against the providers TOS and still complaining

I have to agree when it comes to TE users filing charge backs and intentionally lying on the providers and making then look bad and starting all types of arguments and drama that shit for the birds, that shit can go tbh.

Thanked by 2doughmanes jar
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Traffic exchange? Youtube views?

-- never mind-

This topic smells like the cest pit.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • jane98211 said: I really don't care

That's a sad, shortsighted approach to life- trample on others and claim being a victim

Thanked by 2jar Kris
  • @jarland I see "Thanks" but no "Bans"

edited January 2016

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    jarland I see "Thanks" but no "Bans"

This is a matter deserving of a discussion and a poll I think. Will type something up later.

• Y'all hate me only because I use TE. It is either your envy or scamming nature. Envy because I use TE or scamming nature because I opposed unethical practices of virmach of privacy invasion and hacking which you have taken an attack on yourself because you might be seeing your business on the same line as that of virmach's.

jane98211 said: only because I use TE

I wouldn't brush it off so quickly with the word "only." There are a lot of bloggers here who try to make a little extra cash from adsense. People that do what you do are ultimately putting that at risk. You might think you're just shaving a dime off a thousand dollars for someone, but when there's a hundred people doing the same it adds up. Advertisers don't like it, good people will only be harmed, meanwhile you'll move on to whatever your next scam is when you're done bleeding this one dry.

Thanked by 3Falzo WebProject Kris
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited January 2016

jane98211 said: It is either your envy or scamming nature.

What's the purpose of a TE? Maybe you can clarify some of the misconceptions. I mean what's the gain of 200 VMs assigned 1 IPv4 each to watch a YouTube video continuously?

jane98211 said: you might be seeing your business on the same line as that of virmach's.

Ever worked for a hosting company?

Thanked by 2Falzo jar
  • Is TE just Ad impression fraud?

Not that I have any love for invasive ad-tech, just like I don't have any for big Oil.

When fraud rates go up, the well paid whizkids at adtech come up with even more complex and invasive tracking systems .

This arms race is what makes everything SUCK.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jane98211 said: Y'all hate me only because I use TE. It is either your envy or scamming nature. Envy because I use TE or scamming nature because I opposed unethical practices of virmach of privacy invasion and hacking which you have taken an attack on yourself because you might be seeing your business on the same line as that of virmach's.

As you called someone else out, do you even English?

We hate you due to your scamming nature of 'oh I can do anything to get by' and having no self-awareness or caring for any other users of the service. Just degrade it to make a few dollars per month.

But you really can do something not worthless with your life. Web design, SEO, hell even get on Fiverr. But when you sit there whining your scammy traffic exchange program was shut down, I can only laugh and smile.

Normal CPU and memory has likely returned to the other users of the node. I know some hosts block traffic exchange hosts, domains, et al. at the edge. And TBH, good.

They aren't the only one who scopes out nodes, they're the only one who's taken action :)

Keep that crap off virtual machines.

• RolterRolter Member
    edited January 2016

IDK how ethical this is , but if i were you , i would look into phantomjs/casperjs/nodejs for such things .

• prit48 said: I'm sure you really don't care about big companies losing out on a little bit of advertising. There is probably a max of 100-200 people doing it. Makes little difference to big companies like that.

Because of people like you, ad exchange networks are giving so little now. If the majority of add impressions are driven by TE guys like you, the companies either don't use ad exchange sites or pay peanuts for 1000's of impressions. So, a guy with an interesting blog with 3000-4000 daily real visitors per day can gain almost nothing from adsense or, even more, similar smaller services. You destroy the whole idea, so, yes, in a forum like this, most of us don't like the automated TE idea. Anyway, the original idea was real people visit other people's small websites to gain SEO rankings and some money from advertising and other people from the same network visit theirs. You ruin this, also.
    last but not least, the worst abusers in a small cheap vps are people like you (together with miners). You can crash a node by committing TE, even when the majority of low end providers are clearly saying to their TOS that they do not allowing those activities. After all, the (R.I.P.) jane98211 account admitted that he bought 100 virmach's vps for TE, even when their TOS clearly says they don't allow it and then, came here to bash teh provider...
    So, you now get a picture why most of us do not like TE.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@jarland said:
    Well if everyone is doing it, must be right.

... and I thought that I was cool when the cashier forgot to charge me for one of my items (I went back, but she was like "Thank you for being honest, it's on us"). She might've been the manager :p

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@jvnadr said:
    So, you now get a picture why most of us do not like TE.

I wish that @minion still worked.

Minion close the thread. /sarcasm @jarland :)