Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's up with HostFolks?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's up with HostFolks?

edited January 2013 in Providers

Bought a VPS through this offer - http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/hostfolks-4-64-256mb-openvz-vps-in-multiple-locations/ - a few months ago and have had a pretty good run with the VPS until recently. I've had a ticket open with these guys for a few days now, but they've just plain stopped responding to it for the last few days. Is anyone else having issues with these guys? I chose them because they have servers in Houston, but after this it may be time to consider other options. :(

Comments

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited January 2013

Contact Marlo Stanfield, he will straighten them up.

Edit: there seems to be bad comments in their post, better if you haven't bought

• I signed up back in June - before the bad comments. The "Mike Hat" post on LEB is mine as well. I've just submitted another ticket to see if that will help, but I doubt it.

• It seems there are no reputable providers in Houston area.

• Yeah! Was this provider!

I forgot them and tried to remember a couple of days ago.

This was my first vps provider, more than 2 years ago...

• @yomero said: This was my first vps provider, more than 2 years ago...

How was it?

• @jcaleb said: How was it?

Average
    The processor was a little bit constrained, like their saite says. Even I bought more CPU cores as addons because my gameservers were suffering with this setup.
    They used hypervm (and I like it).
    Apparently just reselling Burstnet. I wonder if is still the same.
    I can't remember more, I lasted like 3-4 months with them.

• tuxtux Member
    edited January 2013

@jcaleb said: It seems there are no reputable providers in Houston area.

Houston, we have a problem. It is located in Houston.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@yomero said: This was my first vps provider, more than 2 years ago...

Dangit, you just jogged my memory for the same thing. I thought my first was VolumeDrive, but that came after these guys. They were ok. Network seemed a little slow to me if I recall.

• These guys are a joke XD I've had a service with them for over a year, last 6 months have been dead for support. Never did get my IPv6 issue fixed :/

The actual server on the other hand is fine, pretty happy with the server..

• Well, I had a server with HostFolks in their Manchester location. At one point my server had over 250 days uptime, which was very nice. They have recently moved my server to Germany (hetzner) which has better hardware (i7 @ 4 cores). Their support isn't amazing, yet I don't expect this due to the price I pay. I have been a customer with HostFolks for over a year and I still enjoy using their service, I would recommend it to anyone who's after a cheap server and doesn't need a lot of support.