Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you set up a private shared Web hosting VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How would you set up a private shared Web hosting VPS?

2»

Comments

• jbarr said: At only $4.00 per month, I couldn't pass it up.

Look at a $20/mo dedicated server once your service takes off and you've got more money in your budget. You'll appreciate it once you have full control over a server.

• If your friends or the local organizations sites you're hired to take care need email hosting, I recommend you to use cPanel. It provides better security than most free panels, allows you to set various limits to the accounts, and easier to use and maintain. You will still learn a great deal by managing it. Many cPanel tasks can be done from the command line. Also, there are a lot of resources from the community.

If the sites don't require email hosting or their email is being hosted with another vendor, I recommend VestaCP or CentosWebPanel. It is recommended to seperate the email from the web sever. For a cost effective email hosting, you can use MXRoute, NameCheap or other companies that offer email plans.

Good luck.

• as a lot of others herein do, I would recommend VestaCP for this.
    It's very easy to manage and delivers everything you probably need.
    there is also some good script to integrate lets encrypt and such things...

• CentMinMod. Forget panels

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • edited January 2016

@xaitmi said:
    CentMinMod. Forget panels

Yeah I love it also but would be awesome if someone would make it workable for other linux distros
    @jbarr :which provider?