Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linux VPS - 500mb ram - 1TB+ banwidth - UK/US/CA - $2 or less
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linux VPS - 500mb ram - 1TB+ banwidth - UK/US/CA - $2 or less

prit48prit48 Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

Looking for a linux VPS (any desktop version so I can run firefox and youtube videos). Needs 500mb ram, 1TB or more banwidth per month. Needs to be UK/US/CA need it for $2 or less. VPS has be reliable and run 24/7.

Thanks!

EDIT: Will be used for traffic exchange. Only one site. It views one dailymotion or youtube video at a time 24/7.

Comments

• Nah Traffic Exchange. Not worth it for a single VPS.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi Peroni
  • theres's a huge difference between west US/CA and UK. You want something close to where you are so there's less lag

Any VPS will do, maybe the HostUS $12/yr (I think) offer

• prit48prit48 Member
    edited January 2016

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Nah Traffic Exchange. Not worth it for a single VPS.

I will be buying one to start off with after 1-2 days if its good ill buy 10-20 depending on how much money I have at the time.

• @hostnoob said:
    theres's a huge difference between west US/CA and UK. You want something close to where you are so there's less lag

Any VPS will do, maybe the HostUS $12/yr (I think) offer

Doesn't matter to me since, I will only be on it 2mins a day if that. And sadly. I don't want to pay yearly, only monthly :(

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2016

@prit48 said:
    Doesn't matter to me since, I will only be on it 2mins a day if that. And sadly. I don't want to pay yearly, only monthly :(

edit: nvm not enugh bandwidth

• @hostnoob hes basing the locations on CPM

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • Check out the post where the traffic exchange guy was suspended. Folks don't take kindly to traffic exchanges on the VPS node.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @doughmanes said:
    Check out the post where the traffic exchange guy was suspended. Folks don't take kindly to traffic exchanges on the VPS node.

oh really? didn't know that. I use ovh atm but its $5 want to cut my costs down. Since I have around 1.5gb ram I don't use.

• rokokrokok Member
    edited January 2016

Let's hope 2016 Google/YouTube stop rewarding video traffic watched from Linux platform.

Thanked by 2netomx doughmanes
  • @rokok said:
    from Linux platform

Or simply from a hosting provider.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Make good content and people will view it! No need to be a fuc nut and cheat the system!

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited January 2016

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Make good content and people will view it! No need to be a fuc nut and cheat the system!

Oh look, someone lost his way from Disneyland - quick, call the cops to get him back in.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Why.... Simply why always TE?

We should maybe make a new request section: "Request TE Host" ?

• I'd be happy to help providing you did not abuse the CPU and bought in bulk

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

deadbeef said: Oh look, someone lost his way from Disneyland - quick, call the cops to get him back in.

I'm lost either way you put it.

• If want to TE go thebot, LET don't take TE lightly.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • Buy your own VPS node, i'm sure you can get a server and /27 for under $40

• @linuxthefish said:
    Buy your own VPS node, i'm sure you can get a server and /27 for under $40

where from?

• emdad said: where from?

$20 dedicated servers from multiple providers is pretty common.

• @doughmanes said:
    $20 dedicated servers from multiple providers is pretty common.

Yup, I know that... but 30 IP?

• You click on adding IP space when you make an order.

• @rokok said:
    Let's hope 2016 Google/YouTube stop rewarding video traffic watched from Linux platform.

Headers can be spoofed and that would be total bs, just vpn detection or so, idk.

• Good thing I'm too lazy to put my horde of 1GB vpses to work as TE.

8 years of adblock have made me immune to youtube ads.

I always get a rude shock when I see them on mobile or other people's PCs.

I still wonder how much CPU can one youtube view can actually use, now that youtube is html5 and the flashplayer is deprecated. Maybe TE fans can replace the h264 decoder with some king of mp4-in, NOTHING-out stub codec for 0% CPU usage.