Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone from Chicago ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone from Chicago ?

Hello all ,

i buy something from Chicago and i was call the past 2 days , all day no answer.

Now my question is some holliday in Chicago ? for this dates ? 04.01.2016 and 05.01.2016 ?

Thanks in advance

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

yes, it is Chicago day today

Thanked by 2Grom Mark_R
  • perennate said: yes, it is Chicago day today

google dont tell me this ...

cociu said: google dont tell me this ...

That's the point, you could have just googled it in the first place! :)

• US workers are lazy getting back from the "New Years"

• Christmas holidays.

• @perennate said:
    yes, it is Chicago day today

That was yesterday. Today was Chicago's annual street cleanup where all businesses are required to close and clean up the litter and junk from the holiday festivities. However, due to rain/light snow the progress was delayed and will be extending to tomorrow.

edited January 2016

Jonchun said: That was yesterday. Today was Chicago's annual street cleanup where all businesses are required to close and clean up the litter and junk from the holiday festivities. However, due to rain/light snow the progress was delayed and will be extending to tomorrow.

Speaking of snow and cleanup, I never understood the sidewalk snow removal ordinance, if it's freezing and snowing outside the last thing I'd want to do would be to spend an hour clearing out the snow. The fine in Chicago is up to $500, why wouldn't one take the chance and just watch TV? Then again I guess the alternative of having frozen sidewalk all winter isn't very appealing.

• perennate said: Chicago is up to $500, why wouldn't one take the chance and just watch TV? Then again I guess the alternative of having frozen sidewalk all winter isn't very appealing.

A bag of ice melt is what, $10? A lawsuit from someone slipping in front of your business could cost you thousands. It seems like an easy trade to just keep your sidewalk clean. Ice melt might be much more costly now, I haven't lived in Chicago since 1992

• @cociu you need to call during your night, there is 8 hours time difference.

• rds100 said: @cociu you need to call during your night, there is 8 hours time difference.

thanks, i know this , but unsuccesfull

• Where did you buy from? Ebay?

• @miTgiB said:
    A bag of ice melt is what, $10? A lawsuit from someone slipping in front of your business could cost you thousands. It seems like an easy trade to just keep your sidewalk clean. Ice melt might be much more costly now, I haven't lived in Chicago since 1992

Can't people take more care when walking on the snow, and not go mad and sue everyone?

That being said... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3453039.stm

• rds100 said: Where did you buy from? Ebay?

nope , i have find there something good for my company and i place a order over email.