Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a client with Email issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I have a client with Email issues

natestammnatestamm Member
edited January 2013 in General

Just wondering what any of you might think about this, a HostGator customer and client of mine received.

I'd like to know, beyond obvious criticisms, any opinions on their plan, what they're paying for, versus what the person in this EMail is asking.

My client has quite a few domains, we're looking at a mail/ folder size around 98k MB. But if they are within limits they are paying for ..?

Hello, Unfortunately, we were forced to remove access to the mail directory /home/account/mail/domain due to Input / Output resource usage. Whenever it is synced, I/O on the server spikes and causes lag for all users on this server, as there is a large amount of email in the account, Please remove enough email on this account to bring this folder below 200M. Please reply back when you are ready to work on this, and we will unlock this directory long enough for your to make the necessary changes. Thank you for your understanding

Comments

• what plan are they on?

Was there any warning before this access was removed?

Time to move. Rackspace email maybe?

• Disallowing user access to their personal emails is a little bit sketchy if you ask me. Hope it's resolved. It's unacceptable, however if the content of the e-mail was mostly spam mail, then they may be in their rights to do such a thing.

They should allow him to migrate his stuff over to another provider, I would anyway. I'd not be doing business with a company who does that!

• No warning. Still working on figuring their plan But I agree I think we're moving them off.

Most of their Emails are all shared artwork for their business between employees.

I guess I was curious if a Gmail business solution might be in order as alternative?

Any how please keep it coming. And cheap dedicated offers welcome as well..!

• Most of their Emails are all shared artwork for their business between employees.

Which itself I think may warrant some change in procedure But nah not spam, large art files.