Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OnraHost : What happened to Website ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OnraHost : What happened to Website ?

2»

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@MissFortune said:
    I've pmed ya.

You PM'ed Mike ??

• ServerServer Member
    edited January 2016

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    You PM'ed Mike ??

Nope, MissFortune found some leads that indicated that Onrahost has indeed been acquired by Zack.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I asked Zack about it. He told Me that Mike is busy in handling some Personal Problems & thus, Zack is handling all the technical queries.

Did he really tell you that he was just handling the technical queries? Something is amiss here. I have not receive any email from them regarding the acquisition either.

The last time I spoke to Zack (a week ago) over live chat, I remember asking why didn't I come across him over live chat/tickets previously, he briefly told me that I will see him more often now.

While the present support may be faster and more helpful, I think it's only right for a provider to keep their customers updated with the acquisition so we, the customers can make inform decisions.

Let's hope a rep from Onrahost will address their existing customers.

• OnraHost_ZackOnraHost_Zack Member
    edited January 2016

Hi Everyone! My name is Zack. Allow me to elaborate on a couple of points, hopefully I can make sense of this. We were planning an official announcement in February, but we don't want to make our customers wait any longer for information, since it does seem like some of you have some questions - and very valid ones I may add!

First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and love for Onra Host. It is always very nice to see the kind things you have to say about Onra!

Now, down to brass tacks. I have been with Onra since 2014. I oversaw most of the networking, physical server\hypervisor installation, and other backend engineer tasks. Mike, the owner, has not been as available as would be necessary for a host owner over the past few months. After weeks of consideration, it was decided that I take over his position, and he step down to mine, in order to continue to provide the best possible quality of support, and best possible level of service in all of our services we provide.

Now, onto the Facebook post. That was posted to my personal Facebook, and was not intended to be used as anything more than an announcement to my friends. Although "owner" may be the wrong title to use, I figured that was the least complicated way of explaining the situation to my friends, especially since most of my friends didn't know about my affiliation with Onra Host. Also, I must say- I'm very impressed that you guys found that post. Just goes to show that you can never underestimate the power of the internet and its users.

Now, a couple of important things to note.

Onra Host was not acquired. - this was just a simple change in upper management.

No pricing will be changing - we will not be changing any of our pricing, or cancelling any of our coupons. Onra Host is known for its absolutely incredible services at amazing low prices - that is something that will never change.

Mike is not gone - Although he is handling less support, he is still around, and you may get a reply from him, depending on when you open a ticket.

I hope this clears things up! If you have any questions, you can reply to this thread, open a ticket, or send me a direct email - zmagee [at] onrahost [dot] com.

We still plan on posting an official announcement in February. As soon as it is posted we will absolutely post a link to it on this thread.

Thanked by 2MissFortune mpkossen
  • Hey everybody!!!

Just getting back on here, so Id o apologize for all the PM's that went answered, and tags. I can confirm what @OnraHost_Zack said in its full, 100% entirety.

As some of you may know, I do own and operate two other businesses, as well as do real estate full time the last few years in Tampa/Orlando/Miami. This of course takes up a LOT of my time, and with my newest venture starting shortly, even more of my time will be consumed.

With this, Onra Host clients deserve the best possible service! Thus, I decided to allow Zack to head up things. You will still see Myself occasionally, and can even label your tickets "To Mike: YOURISSUEHERE" as the subject. Other then that, nothing has really changed besides seeing Zack handle a lot of the front-end work to you guys.... plus he amazingly quick at responding back to you guys ;)

On that note, their is really nothing much to address to our current customers. HostGator, Site5, BuyVM, and RamNode don't give out press release just because a new person is responding to you tickets :p ... Nevertheless you will see something on it, along with a ton of new features coming out!

@OnraHost said:
    HostGator, Site5, BuyVM, and RamNode don't give out press release just because a new person is responding to you tickets :p ... Nevertheless you will see something on it, along with a ton of new features coming out!

This was Funny Mike :D :D

• WTF does 'Onra' mean?

• @Nekki said:
    WTF does 'Onra' mean?

I read your signature as the answer to your question. I've been laughing to myself for about the past 5 minutes- don't mind me!

Good question Nekki - Anybody want to take some guesses?

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @OnraHost_Zack said:
    Good question Nekki - Anybody want to take some guesses?

Sounds a bit like the noise ale shirt made when he beat the shit out of people in Fist of the North Star.

Oh, What is it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onra :D :D

http://www.nameaning.net/boy/Onra

Holding Hands pronounced 'on-rah'
    When you want someone to hold your hand, put you hand out and say 'onra'

• OnraHost said: HostGator, Site5, BuyVM, and RamNode don't give out press release just because a new person is responding to you tickets :p

HAHAHA, can't stop laughing to this.

• Nice to hear you @onrahost

• @onrahost @OnraHost_Zack

963616 - vps offline

View Ticket

• qq7119 said: View Ticket

THIS IS NOT A HELPDESK! USE THEIR SITE!

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @jvnadr said:
    THIS IS NOT A HELPDESK! USE THEIR SITE!

Keep your panties on mate.

Thanked by 4adxn rokok GM2015 Mark_R
  • ATHK said: Keep your panties on mate.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @qq7119 said:
    onrahost OnraHost_Zack

963616 - vps offline

View Ticket

Don't worry, we got him!

• @OnraHost_Zack said:
    Don't worry, we got him!

Thought it was a her?

• New website design looks good, much better than the old one.

• @Wolf said:
    Thought it was a her?

My apologies if you are correct. I must have done that thing where I assume all Internet users to be male.

@neps said:
    New website design looks good, much better than the old one.

Thank you! Glad you like it!

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • @OnraHost_Zack said:
    Don't worry, we got him!

Thank you, hard! Now it has a normal state, and work!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2016

Thank you for using LowEndHelpDesk. Feel free to open a new ticket thread if you need further assistance.

How would you rate this reply? Poor ☆☆☆☆☆ Excellent