Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is SolusVM v2? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is SolusVM v2?

2»

Comments

• @Clouvider said:
    SolusVM c'mon, I have quite a few Customers waiting to jump the ship from Virtualizor when you release 2.0 : )

Hello

True, we might do that ;-)

• @mpkossen said:
    About a month ago ;-)

Any reason behind it?

• It's chilling in Cuba with 2pac, goodhosting and Steven F

• Maybe they have the same development team as the healthcare.gov mess?

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I am hoping they are taking the extra time to fix a few bugs

• OnApp owns SolusVM. Why would they create a cheap proprietary product which would compete with their existing, more established and more money sucking, proprietary onapp software?

Thanked by 2doughmanes doghouch
  • @pcfreak30 said:
    Any reason behind it?

Check the announcements section. Should still be there.

• @ChairHosting said:
    True, we might do that ;-)

your site gives an SSL error

"NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    OnApp owns SolusVM. Why would they create a cheap proprietary product which would compete with their existing, more established and more money sucking, proprietary onapp software?

To sell OnApp federation (commission) and make even more money ;). They can also hit the low end and the enterprise segment at the very same time.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    SolusVM 2?

♫ The cloud never bothered me anyway... ♫

• ChairHostingChairHosting Member
    edited January 2016

@hostnoob said:
    "NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

Hello

Yes our SSL Expired two days ago, we are updating the SSL today. We will be sending out notifications with specific times the portal will be down.

• @GIANT_CRAB said:
    OnApp owns SolusVM.

Since when is that? is there any proof?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Raymii said: Since when is that? is there any proof?

I'm surprised you missed this one

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Raymii said:

The fact that solusvm login has onapp branding now.

• GIANT_CRAB said: OnApp owns SolusVM. Why would they create a cheap proprietary product which would compete with their existing, more established and more money sucking, proprietary onapp software?

This is why I feel Solus 2 to be vaporware.

They've been working on developing software for the low-end market for 2 years, in which there is no real practical competition anyway? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

• Sounds like they got the idea from valve and half life 3.

Microlinux said: They've been working on developing software for the low-end market for 2 years

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Microlinux said:

That's my take. I dunno, while Stallion doesn't have as many admin side controls, I still knocked it out on my own in 3~4 months from the ground up, yet they have a full team supposedly and they're 2 years in and nothing, not even an alpha build.

Francisco

@Francisco I understand there is closed beta, at least that's what I heard, I haven't seen myself.

@Clouvider said:
    Francisco I understand there is closed beta, at least that's what I heard, I haven't seen myself.

I dunno. It just seems like an incredibly huge delay for it all.

What i'm thinking is that they are waiting to integrate some features into OnApp, that way they can add even more integration between the two platforms, making it easier to upsell their Federation services.

Francisco

@Francisco I think so. They speak openly about selling federation through Solus so I guess that the point :)

@Clouvider said:
    Francisco I think so. They speak openly about selling federation through Solus so I guess that the point :)

And that's why anyone expecting any sort of cloud/HA/failover functionality in SolusVM without it being integrated via OnApp isn't thinking clearly.

Honestly, I don't see there being many features they can add to SolusVM that they haven't already attempted to do, without it stepping on OnApp's toes. SolusVM had some really odd features like the PBX booting and the likes. There's a lot of crap they could just gut out and clean up and be pretty well set.

I seriously don't see SolusVM wanting to deal with debugging broken HA/failover/etc for a user paying $13/month for 2 licenses when their minimum buy in on OnApp is...$1000/m? Maybe $500/m?

Francisco

Thanked by 2Clouvider Microlinux
  • Raymii said: Since when is that? is there any proof?

Look at the SolusVM footer on any of your hosts :P

• Francisco said: I seriously don't see SolusVM wanting to deal with debugging broken HA/failover/etc for a user paying $13/month for 2 licenses when their minimum buy in on OnApp is...$1000/m? Maybe $500/m?

The minimum buy is $250 for their hosted OnApp to resell their federation, and it is just a deposit, their is no monthly minimum. I am interested in their CDN via the federation, which was due Jan 16, by my birthday I will ask for my deposit back.

@miTgiB said:
    The minimum buy is $250 for their hosted OnApp to resell their federation, and it is just a deposit, their is no monthly minimum. I am interested in their CDN via the federation, which was due Jan 16, by my birthday I will ask for my deposit back.

K, but what if you want to setup your own OnApp platform?

Francisco

• Francisco said: want to setup your own OnApp platform?

Don't know, didn't ask, I have no interest, OpenStack is free :P

Thanked by 1Francisco

@miTgiB said:
    Don't know, didn't ask, I have no interest, OpenStack is free :P

Looks like $500/m buy in and then $1200/m if you want the full suite.

Francisco

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    I'm surprised you missed this one

Yeah, me to. Thanks for the links. Then you all are right, and it's dead.

• Version 1 works great as it is, but can't wait for version 2 "coming soon"

• Francisco said: I dunno. It just seems like an incredibly huge delay for it all.

I do know what's wrong. They don't understand agile.

It's really dead simple if they want to add value for customers, but that's not what they want to do.