Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nodedeploy reliability?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

nodedeploy reliability?

zenmastazenmasta Member
edited January 2013 in General

I signed up for service on Friday 1/4/13, but even after following the simple instructions in their email "If this is a KVM VPS you will be required to log into SolusVM and mount a ISO image and install the server using VNC." my server still indicates offline status so I cannot even vnc to attempt to install.

I immediately filled out a ticket. I got a reply on Saturday the 5th, indicating they were "looking into it". But have not had any follow up. I sent a reminder reply to my ticket this morning but still haven't heard anything back.

Anyone else experience issues like this after signing up or other times? I'm wondering if I should ask for a refund and look elsewhere.

Thanks

Comments

• Have you try another iso? Or maybe wait it for 30 minutes

• @Zenmasta we've been pretty bogged down with our little issue in the UK. Ding me the ticket ID and i'll sort it.

• I think they may be a bit swamped because they've been hit within the past day or two with some pretty big DDoS attacks in UK, but they're absolutely top-notch. They're also UK based, so timezone differences could be coming into play.

I've got KVM with them in LA and Germany & OVZ across their other locations. Could not be happier -- give them a bit and once you're settled in you won't regret it.

• I had a KVM with them randomly go off, it just couldn't stay up long enough to install. Some kind of IO or CPU limiting shutdown. They promised to look into it somewhere before xmas, I never heard from them again. Lets just say I didn't renew this month.

• @Averell do you have a ticket ID? The issue sounds like it was with the Centos ISO, which was fixed. Lemme know!

• It wasn't with Centos, it was Arch. Besides it was KVM, with basically all packages pulled from the network.

• @BrandND thanks, looks like it was resolved this morning.

• @zenmasta I'm fairly new to ND as well but apart from the issues surrounding denial of service attacks everything has been fine and the guys seem fairly active on here and take ownership of various issues, where possible.

• I have been also happy with there service, don't have kvm with them but 2 ovz, but usual they respond to tickets with in 24 h.

• @5n1p Once we get back into routine and everything is running normally ticket response times should be back to a few hours.

• It was not suppose to sound like that i'm very happy with server's and my comment should have sound like 'you are resolving problems with DDOS and have no time today to check and respond to all tickets'. :D

• @5n1p I know that, I was just letting you know that things will improve again over the next couple of days.

• They had a serious DDOS attack on their hands the past couple of days... Which is why they were quite occupated ;) But the OpenVZ container I have from them (in the UK) has been proven stable and their ticket response times in normal conditions are OK, mostly to the point & always got my problems fixes...

So yes, would say they are reliable...