Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 10Gbps Dedicated Machine
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 10Gbps Dedicated Machine

Hi,

I am looking for 10Gbps machine in large in number. It will be helpful if somebody assist me in choosing the best one.

Requirements are

24x4tb RAID 10 , 10Gbps unmetered
or any spec which is cheap and can be used as storage server.

Preferred location NL , EU

Comments

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited January 2016

Check with VULTR.com

• budget ? 8k ?

• I used to have the machine for 550 Euro from Leaseweb. Now looking for some better alternative with some alternate option. We used to spend 30K euro a month.

• filegrasper said: filegrasper

i can provide this in Romania , pm if the location is ok

• Redstation

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

That 550 EUR wasn't dedicated 10gbps, was it?

• @PetaByet said:
    Redstation

+1 for Redstation if UK location is ok for you

try Nforce in NL

Any provider you go with try to contact them and get a custom deal that will help in this kind of orders

• @raindog308 said:

Impossible for 10Ge. must have been 10Ge port with 1Ge guaranteed or such.

and this might help you :
    https://www.worldstream.nl/select-10gigabit.php?id=147

contact there sales for 4x6TB HDD rather than 2x6TB HDD they will help you out and offer a great deal.

• FDCservers?

• @doughmanes said:
    FDCservers?

$600 setup for the nic or $110/m rent

• You should contact eweka.nl (highwinds). They normaly only do colocation but maybe you can work something out. There is a reason why uploaded.net (one of the biggest filehosts) went from leaseweb to eweka ;) price and global network quality.

• @raindog308 said:

who knows. LW provides it relatively cheap. you would need to upgrade the drives though to reach 10gbit.

• filegrasper said: I am looking for 10Gbps machine in large in number. It will be helpful if somebody assist me in choosing the best one.
    Requirements are
    24x4tb RAID 10 , 10Gbps unmetered or any spec which is cheap and can be used as storage server.
    Preferred location NL , EU

CPU is going to be quite important for this as well as RAID controller specification.

Also worth considering looking at ZFS rather than hardware RAID if so factoring in a decent SSD for the logs/cache.

• Since you want huge-assed storage and good speed, Softlayer's got you covered. 24x4tb raid10, 10Gbps @ 50 TB (they don't do unmetered), with very good hardware will run you dep. on location $4-$8k USD per month

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

@mosan7763 said:

These 10Gbit servers at LSW can't be upgraded without decent price increase. If you need to change configuration to custom they will increase the price to their regular pricing on 10GBit networking (0.3-0.4 EUR per mbit)

550 EUR for 24x4TB and 1Gbit unmetered is very good price you can get from LeaseWeb.

You can contact their sales and ask them to upgrade your server to 10Gbit port and provide you 95th percentile billing for bandwidth. This will be more cost effective in case you don't plan to load 10gbit port more than 70% on average. But I bet that their sales will ask you to sign 12 month contract for such setup.

• Why are there so few LET providers hosting with Worldstream, Eweka or NFOrce if they are so great? I seriously wonder. I get the feeling all providers are with Leaseweb.

You know any LET provider hosting with NFOrce? (apart from INIZ)

• nordenorde Member
    edited January 2016

@filegrasper

Hello we can offer this, if you are interested please contact us.

• @chrisp said:
    Why are there so few LET providers hosting with Worldstream, Eweka or NFOrce if they are so great? I seriously wonder. I get the feeling all providers are with Leaseweb.

EvoBursr(virtwire) NL location i presume so

• @chrisp said:
    Why are there so few LET providers hosting with Worldstream, Eweka or NFOrce if they are so great? I seriously wonder. I get the feeling all providers are with Leaseweb.

There is other Providers of course that they are great than Leaseweb

• IntenseVPSIntenseVPS Member
    edited January 2016

Check your PM, we can offer something in Netherlands :)

• chrisp said: NFOrce

Evoburst and Deepnet, Bandwagonhost is with SmartDC/i3D.

• I think inceptionhosting NL location is with i3D too

• @Caster , I have 24x4tb RAID 10 , 64gb ram , 600tb bw , super micro cpu for 550 Euro.

It is 10Gbps dedicated port and we use only 600tb to 700tb a month. I have large number of server with them. And I am going to get larger number again.

But now , I am trying to build a good config which can utilize the 10gbps port properly. Like setting up small servers and allowing them to share the dedicated 10gbps which will be cheaper option.

At the same time , machine able to read and write 3gbps per second. So better RAID setup and good amount of storage.

I believe some good server admin can suggest best setup to maximize the 10gbps port usage . Considering 1000 of people uploading and downloading files all time.

• and thanks to all people for valuable inputs. thanks a lot. expecting more inputs.

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2016

Let be more clear : the OP want a 10 gbps DEDICATED PORT to share only with his servers !!! Now i wait too to see offers , thanks

my quote was 2700$ (for 10gbps dedicated line +150 $ for each server and was denied )

• @filegrasper said:
    Caster , I have 24x4tb RAID 10 , 64gb ram , 600tb bw , super micro cpu for 550 Euro.

It is 10Gbps dedicated port and we use only 600tb to 700tb a month. I have large number of server with them. And I am going to get larger number again.

But now , I am trying to build a good config which can utilize the 10gbps port properly. Like setting up small servers and allowing them to share the dedicated 10gbps which will be cheaper option.

At the same time , machine able to read and write 3gbps per second. So better RAID setup and good amount of storage.

I believe some good server admin can suggest best setup to maximize the 10gbps port usage . Considering 1000 of people uploading and downloading files all time.

that was the best for value you would get.It's like preconfig plan.
    Maybe try contacting FDCServer they have got huge deals with cogent, he and etc.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

10gbps = 3.3 petabytes of bw per month.