Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers with private networking
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers with private networking

As I'm typing this I have 15-ish vps's with an undisclosed provider that suck's ass.

I'm looking for a provider with private networking in the EU and an api to create/remove vps's on demand, it is preferred that the provider is using SSD's as well.
Also the api I mentioned is not that critical and I can live without it.

Providers I've looked at but wont use:

• Digitalocean
  • Vultr
  • Linode
  • Aruba

I know there's tons of others out there but I'm not willing to spend thousands of dollars for this simple thing.

NOTE vps count won't move that much depending on traffic and load of the webservers overall.
NOTE2 This is not a file serving/tor/adult content or any other illegal type of project either, i just had to put it out there.

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

buyvm

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

What about iwStack? They have SSDs, Milano location, the CloudStack API, and private networks.

Also, we (Luna Node) have a Roubaix, FR location (OVH RBX) and support private networking and VM deployment over API with hourly billing. But we don't have pure SSD instances in Roubaix.

Edit: also http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7005/vps-providers-who-can-offer-private-networking

Edit2: and if you can clarify why your current provider and the providers you mentioned aren't suitable, then it's easier to recommend one.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @perennate said:
    What about iwStack? They have SSDs, Milano location, the CloudStack API, and private networks.

Also, we (Luna Node) have a Roubaix, FR location (OVH RBX) and support private networking and VM deployment over API with hourly billing. But we don't have pure SSD instances in Roubaix.

Edit: also http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7005/vps-providers-who-can-offer-private-networking

Edit2: and if you can clarify why your current provider and the providers you mentioned aren't suitable, then it's easier to recommend one.

I've used iwstack before and I'm not a big fan of their messy control panel or the italy location. As for Luna node they're quite unknown to me and I rather not put my egg's in that basket until I know more.

• We can offer internal networking, its not enabled by default but can be added to your instances in all our locations.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

Hello,

We provide xen vm with or without a virtual router that allows you to deploy vm on a private network.

We own two datacenters in France but you can also deploy in Germany and Netherlands.
    Our Cloudstack backend has API and servers are SSD based.

Contact me if you have any other questions.

• Since when file serving and tor considered as illegal projects?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Lack of private networking is about the only negative I can think of regarding Ramnode, though I asked in a ticket and they said it's on their roadmap. Still a very good provider. @Nick_A

BuyVM also has their offloaded SQL on private network, which is good. @Francisco

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks @raindog308. It is something we are working on - we know it's a big feature to a lot of people.

• @Ikoula said:
    Hello,

We provide xen vm with or without a virtual router that allows you to deploy vm on a private network.

We own two datacenters in France but you can also deploy in Germany and Netherlands.
    Our Cloudstack backend has API and servers are SSD based.

Contact me if you have any other questions.

I'm not a big fan of the 100 mbit between servers really, expect this to be atleast 1 gbit if not 10. Other than that I'm a big fan of the locations and price could be a little better since we are on LET after all.

I'm quite picky as you can see :)

@raindog308 said:
    Lack of private networking is about the only negative I can think of regarding Ramnode, though I asked in a ticket and they said it's on their roadmap. Still a very good provider. Nick_A

BuyVM also has their offloaded SQL on private network, which is good. Francisco

I doubt BuyVM will be able to handle a 40gb postgres db. Atleast not fairly. And buyvm to me, doesn't really seem like a good provider, I could be wrong but I don't wanna gamble with a shady reputation.

@Nick_A said:
    Thanks raindog308. It is something we are working on - we know it's a big feature to a lot of people.

I would love to see that finally happen

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Makkesk8 said: I doubt BuyVM will be able to handle a 40gb postgres db. Atleast not fairly. And buyvm to me, doesn't really seem like a good provider, I could be wrong but I don't wanna gamble with a shady reputation.

Don't see why we wouldn't be? We have people ripping massive databases over the LAN just fine without issue on both OpenVZ and KVM. We have people cross mounting NFS' between both platforms to help with it.

Our rep is solid, your only issue would be if you signup with funny details. 90%+ of the complaints for us are always because people give bad details even though it's well known that we're going to keep an eye on things.

Best of luck on your hunt!

Francisco

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Makkesk8

No problem, i understand.

• Buyvm having shady reputation? Since when? Never heard anything bad about their service or server performance. Only some billing issues or stock unavailability (that can be considered a good thing).

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Makkesk8 said: I doubt BuyVM will be able to handle a 40gb postgres db. Atleast not fairly. And buyvm to me, doesn't really seem like a good provider, I could be wrong but I don't wanna gamble with a shady reputation.

LOL wut?

Well, you're right in that BuyVM's offloaded SQL is MySQL, not Postgres. But you can run big DBs there. I haven't used their offloaded SQL in a while so I'm not sure what the rules are: http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/sharedsql

I'm curious why you think they don't "seem" like a good provider. The reviews here and elsewhere are overwhelmingly positive and they have an excellent reputation.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Looking at DigitalOcean for a semi-professional project. It supports load balancing and pseudo-private network. And the company has lots of money in the bank to burn.

@Makkesk8 Mind sharing why DigitalOcean does not meet the bar?

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Didn't mean to insult or judge in any way, if you could handle that that's just great and would be very interesting to me. However its MySQL not postgres which I'm currently using and so should you really :P

And about your reputation, Yes it's quite solid in the grand scheme of things, but to me personally it's a different thing. And that's just my opinion.

@raindog308 - read above.

@bookstack said:
    Looking at DigitalOcean for a semi-professional project. It supports load balancing and pseudo-private network. And the company has lots of money in the bank to burn.

Makkesk8 Mind sharing why DigitalOcean does not meet the bar?

I'm not using digialocean at the moment and I don't really like to shit talk providers who are really garbage. Sure I can express opinions but since we are not talking about that why should i. And Digitalocean was great in the past but I saw brighter things and since then I haven't looked back. But I do feel like they deserve another shot in the future, maybe.

But since the thread has been made I would love to see some alternatives.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Makkesk8 said: I'm not using digialocean at the moment and I don't really like to shit talk providers who are really garbage. Sure I can express opinions but since we are not talking about that why should i. And Digitalocean was great in the past but I saw brighter things and since then I haven't looked back. But I do feel like they deserve another shot in the future, maybe.

But since the thread has been made I would love to see some alternatives.

Well it is just to know why DigitalOcean doesn't work for you so we can suggest something that would work. So it is just the reliability in general? If so, I would take a look at AWS reserved instances, it's much cheaper than their on-demand instances and AWS platform is pretty robust.