Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

offsite backup solutions?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

offsite backup solutions?

krs360krs360 Member
edited January 2013 in General

Is anyone able to recommend a sensibly priced backup solution? Would be looking for up to about 150gb of space potentially to backup my vps and files from home.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@krs360 Are you looking for something like a backup VPS/Server or Dropbox/carbonite type service?

• What about dropbox?

• From a cursory glance in Offers: CloudShards, RansomIT and FlipHost all have cheap backup servers.

There's also the time-honored solution of getting a dirt-cheap Kimsufi and throwing your data there..

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@ihatetonyy Thanks for the mention. Have exactly one left in stock till I grab some more IPs

• Thanks for the mention. We have plenty of RAID60 OpenVZ Storage VPS still in stock. We have still >30TB of storage left.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I've still got plenty of capacity with my offer mentioned here (thx @ihatetonyy)

Network link is basically sitting there unused. :-)

• +1 for CloudShards / @concerto49 , they sorted me out an excellent deal and the performance has been superb. I've been using it as a private ownCloud instance for myself and family, plenty of stuff being backed up/downloaded, but it's handled everything as well as I could have hoped.

• I don't know if this has started yet, but it was discussed here around Christmas:
    https://my.iperweb.com/cart/backup-kvm/

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2013

Thanks @zsero, we also have xen unraided storage that can go as low as 1 cent/gb with special offers for existing customers. But it is IPv6 only as it is intended for local backups.
    The KVM is almost over as we only alocated less than 10 TB storage for this, some kind of test for the upcoming cloud second tier storage.