Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need either dedicated or vps that is US based and has 100MB or 1Gbps 100TB (or unmetered)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need either dedicated or vps that is US based and has 100MB or 1Gbps 100TB (or unmetered)

utuxiautuxia Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

Need either dedicated or vps that is US based and has either 100Mbps or 1Gbps 100TB (or unmetered)

Must allow streaming apps. I'm looking for US based data center in either mid-west of west coast. Dallas, Denver, California would all work fine.

For VPS I would need 2GB ram and at least 40GB disk.
For dedicated I would need 16GB ram and 120GB ssd.

I'm not sure what the going rate is here, but I'm looking for low end obviously. I just need to host some streaming stuff in US data center on the cheap.

Also must have Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit as an OS, I'm not dealing with older outdated software. Frankly people that don't have this as an option make me turn away.

I'm not sure what I can get bandwidth wise here, obviously the more the better. But i'm looking at both VPS solution and Dedicated. So please quote both if you offer both.

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

no such VPS exists to my knowledge, so your only choice is dedi

• utuxiautuxia Member
    edited January 2016

@exception0x876 said:
    no such VPS exists to my knowledge, so your only choice is dedi

Where did I go wrong in my VPS specs? I'm a little flexible on the specs. Not sure what is doable on the VPS side. I did find with 10GB i was running out of space about twice a week. So I think 20 is min.

• WHTWHT Member

@Markturner may help you.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

@utuxia said:
    Where did I go wrong in my VPS specs?

1Gbps 100TB part.

• You'll struggle with the bandwidth limit without a decent budget.

You can try OVH VPS but thats a 100Mbps port, unmetered, or try and find an OVH reseller who'll give you unmetered bandwidth, though they're in Canada.

• @exception0x876 said:
    1Gbps 100TB part.

Ok, what's reasonable? I would need at least 5TB/month

• hmm isn't comparable with 1Gbit unmetered?

@exception0x876 said:
    1Gbps 100TB part.

• @WSCallum said:
    You'll struggle with the bandwidth limit without a decent budget.

You can try OVH VPS but thats a 100Mbps port, unmetered, or try and find an OVH reseller who'll give you unmetered bandwidth, though they're in Canada.

I already have OVH and they are not very good. I am not flexible on needing US-based data center. OVH throttles even the 100Mbps connection down to 10 if they see traffic.

@century1stop said:
    hmm isn't comparable with 1Gbit unmetered?

For VPS if you are on 1Gbit unmetered plan don't expect to be able to pull 100TB/mo.

@utuxia said:

This sounds more reasonable.

• @utuxia said:

I got; e3-1240v2, 16gb ram, 120gb ssd, 10tb bandwidth 5 IPs

$49/mo.

Is this in budget for you?

• @MSPNick said:

For dedicated that's not bad, but I get that with 100TB/month @ 49/mo.

• @utuxia said:

I based it on the expectation of 5tb... You asked for offers. We provide. If you can get 100tb at $49 why not go with them? I am sure many people on let would like to know as that's a killer deal.. Can you share the supplier

• @utuxia said:
    Need either dedicated or vps that is US based and has either 100Mbps or 1Gbps 100TB (or unmetered)

Must allow streaming apps. I'm looking for US based data center in either mid-west of west coast. Dallas, Denver, California would all work fine.

I'm not sure what the going rate is here, but I'm looking for low end obviously. I just need to host some streaming stuff in US data center on the cheap.

Also must have Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit as an OS, I'm not dealing with older outdated software. Frankly people that don't have this as an option make me turn away.

I'm not sure what I can get bandwidth wise here, obviously the more the better. But i'm looking at both VPS solution and Dedicated. So please quote both if you offer both.

Overkill:
    320tb.com

• bersybersy Member
    edited January 2016

utuxia said: Ok, what's reasonable? I would need at least 5TB/month

HostUS offer 6GB RAM, 150GB HDD, 5TB BW @ 1Gbps for $18/quarter in various US locations. @AlexanderM, can you shed light on Ubuntu 15.10 template availability?

Ditto LetBox, @key900 do you have an Ubuntu 15.10 template? They also have affordable 100mbit unmetered dedis in US as far as I remember.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/alvotech-e5-90month-2gb-kvm-in-germany-or-los-angeles/ KVM 2GB RAM, 100Gb SSD-C, 10TB BW @ 100mbit for $19/quarter in LA. You can use majority of Linux distros by means of a custom ISO. I think you should check with them about their video streamin policy anyway.

• 100tb @ leaseweb ?
    probably 50-70 euro

BTW in us expect $300+ for Gbit unmetered if not cc.

• $250 for a Quad core, 16GB RAM and 2x2TB with 100TB Bandwidth
    $400 for a Quad core, 16GB RAM and 2x2TB with 320TB Bandwidth (1Gbit dedicated)

Best I got

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2016

utuxia said: Also must have Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit as an OS, I'm not dealing with older outdated software. Frankly people that don't have this as an option make me turn away.

Ubuntu 14.04 is not outdated. In fact, it will be supported for longer than Ubuntu 15.10.

Except for some edge cases, no one would normally use Ubuntu 15.10 on a production server.

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • Never thought about doing a dist upgrade? It's so simple..

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Hidden_Refuge said: Never thought about doing a dist upgrade? It's so simple..

Simple? You haven't managed many complex setups then.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited January 2016

@AshleyUk

ZXPlay provides plans that are pretty awesome, their VPS servers come with dedicated CPU cores, and are tailored for this type of hosting (media streaming).

• bersybersy Member
    edited January 2016

FlamesRunner said: their VPS servers come with dedicated CPU cores

Only some of them comes with "dedicated" CPU, the majority are under a fair share policy. Moreover they do not offer US servers.

• I can do:

Intel i5-2400 Quad Core - 4x 3.1Ghz [Up to 3.4Ghz], 6MB Cache
    16GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    160GB Intel Server/Performance SSD
    100Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth
    /29 IPv4 Allocation - 5 Usable IPs
    $49/month, $0 setup fees

If you interested let me know. Thanks.

• @utuxia said:

I can offer you something like that on delimiter, or my other us nodes I will have to check which ones have the capacity for that. by the way even though my vps's plans bandwidth is unmetered to start with for free it still falls under a fair share policy or "fair use policy" as in don't affect other people on the same node or expect to get suspended immediately for resource abuse.
    and most if not all of my us nodes including delimiter has a 1gbit port but like I said it falls under a "fair share policy" or "fair use policy" which is explained above.
    and to be honest after last time all new people who sign up to my service will have to be thoroughly screened/manually reviewed before getting the service as I don't like chargebacks. though that is handled by my fraudrecord module I built myself still I will do manual checking as well.

• Beside leaseweb there's no to very little chance you can get that bandwidth allocation in a very cheap price. The best bet you can get is OVH dedicated server on BHS, I believe they start on 60-70 USD and has 500MBit/s unmetered.

• @utuxia

For the vps, you can get 1gbit port from iwstack/prometeus, 2 TB included and additional BW is charged 2 euros/TB.

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

We can offer you dedicated server

Dual core G850/4GB/2x1TB SATA softRAID/100TB for 29EUR/month

https://ru-tld.ru/en/aktsionnyie-servery/#2439

Just use LowEndTalk promocode during order.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @ru_tld said:
    We can offer you dedicated server

Dual core G850/4GB/2x1TB SATA softRAID/100TB for 29EUR/month

https://ru-tld.ru/en/aktsionnyie-servery/#2439

Just use LowEndTalk promocode during order.

You got your deal @utuxia

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

We (Luna Node) offer KVM instances in Toronto with a pay-as-you-go bandwidth allocation so you only need to pay for what you use. A 2 GB instance comes with 35 GB storage at $10/mo, and includes 2 TB. Each additional GB of bandwidth is $0.003, billed based on per-calendar-month usage. So, if you use 5 TB of bandwidth in a given month, then you'll pay $19/mo ($9 for the extra 3 TB of bandwidth).

Ubuntu 14.04 and 15.10 images are both available.

• OVH in Montreal if it doesnt have to be US geolocation. Actually they might still offer US geolocation, at least they did when BHS was opened...

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD